Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corkcity Marathon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

yeah I'm doing it. There is already a thread with quite a few posts in the
    region>south>cork city
    section if you want to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭robbicosta

I am thinking of running Cork. How is the course hill wise? I am running Belfast on 7 May and I will more than likely do Cork if it goes well.

They have managed to avoid most of the hills in cork and chosen a reasonably flat route. That said. Cork is a hilly place so it's not going to be completely flat. I would say there is nothing to be scared of. This is the first time it has been run so there are no experienced voices to give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Does anyone have any more information on the relay side of the Cork Marathon than is on the website? I'm entering a relay team with some friends and we've been wondering about getting to/from each relay stage start and end points, and also how the changeover between runners will work (esp if there is a big crowd of people at each changeover-how we will spot each other etc?).

Anyone have any ideas before I drop them off an email?

sillysocks wrote:
    Does anyone have any more information on the relay side of the Cork Marathon than is on the website? I'm entering a relay team with some friends and we've been wondering about getting to/from each relay stage start and end points, and also how the changeover between runners will work (esp if there is a big crowd of people at each changeover-how we will spot each other etc?).

Anyone have any ideas before I drop them off an email?

The deatils are still being finalised but most relay marathons get everyone to gather at the start and the leg runners are bussed out to the changeover points.

From what I understand the race will separate at the changeover points. The marathoners will go one way and the relay runners will go through another chute to change over to their team mate. If you're worried about spotting each other wear something distinctive and not a white tee-shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭henryd65

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/ireland/cork/356227594

This link has the marathon route. You can also see the elevation gain/loss on the course. The course is downhill/flat from just after the 21 mile mark to the finish.

Advertisement