Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service

Options
  • 04-04-2007 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes..

I'm just wondering what the general consensus on eircoms customer service department is? I recently returned my landline and broadband from another provider, well close to two months now, the problem is although my landline works i still haven't received the modem, so i'm being charged for broadband that i technically can't use. I've been onto customer service numerous times and they assure me that as soon as my modem arrives they will amend my bill accordingly.That's fair enough but now it's nearly two months and i'm still waiting. Has anyone else had any such experience? And if so how did you amend the situation? Its just everyone i've been on to in eircom say "i'm just going to send an email off and you should have it out by the end of the week" but to no avail..:(

What do i have to do to get this sorted out??

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Leo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ring up Eircom customer services and once someone answers, ask to speak to their supervisor. It's just not good enough the way they are fobbing you off. It does not take 2 months to send out a modem! Don't even bother talking to the normal customer services anymore, coz they obviously ain't doing their job correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I had a 'bit' of a problem with eircom as well - after hours of my life wasted on the phone, I sent them a written complaint through their complaints website thingy, threatening them with ComReq - and it worked.

Got my phone line setup and all their mistakes rectified within 2 days, plus two months free phone line!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The thing about eircom's customer service is that even with the best will in the world, they are powerless when it comes to the billing system. They want to see when the broadband modem arrives, then they will give you a credit. However, if you push your case, they will likely give you a credit for the previous billing period right away.

If you don't pay the disputed amount, but pay the rest of the bill, you will *probably* be alright.

That said it's crap that they haven't delivered your modem. I'd say it's been looked after in another department, and someone has dropped the ball. You do tend to get shoved around from billy to jack with eircom.

Also, no one in eircom will ever say to you 'this is crap, but this is the way it works ...'. It's all defensive all the way, and nobody ever admits anything is wrong until the very end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

From Eircom's website:
    Thursday, 9th November 2006: eircom TSS, the consumer sales contact centre operation of eircom Ltd. has won the award for Best Contact Centre in the World, at last nights International Contact Centre World Awards held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

The annual awards recognise the best contact centres and best contact centre people and strategies worldwide.

Subjected to scrutiny from peers, adjudicators and other finalists, eircom beat competition from more than 250 entries from around the world as well as two rival finalists representing Asia (Apple Care) and North America (Sage).

eircom’s submission was judged upon it's total customer focus, strategy, efficiency, culture and people.

Commenting on the win, Gerry Culligan, Director of Consumer Market, eircom said, "We are thrilled with this win. It’s a great achievement for the team who have worked so hard to demonstrate our professionalism. It is fantastic to be recognised as the best of the best by our industry peers from around the world."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

April fool's was 5 days ago...

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Slice wrote:
    From Eircom's website:

Thats the Sales department in Eircom that won call centre of the world, not customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Look on the bright side, you could be with Perlico, then you'd really know what crap customer service is.

Advertisement