Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Linksys 3G router

Options
  • 04-04-2007 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Im considering purchasing a Linksys WRT54G3G router for my Vodafone 3G service and am hoping for some recommendations. I found one on Elara for €171. Is this the best price in Ireland? (Amazon wont post routers here)

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1121637#spec

Also, is it compatible with HSDPA assuming I buy a hsdpa Datacard for my Sim?

(ok, thats two questions :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I got mine from elara, can't remember the price though. I think around 200 + VAT but that was last July.

Yes, it is compatible with HSDPA, though you may need to upgrade the firmware on the router. It's downloadable from linksys.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I have two of them, they are very good, do just what they are ment to. I would reccomend not using the bundeled softwear to install the settings for the Data Card (APN and the like) use your web browser to set it up, its so much quicker and gives you a lot more control. Yes its fine for HSDPA, most routers now being sold should be OK from the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

Hi Guys,

I've been looking to buy one of these but my SIM is on the three network, not vodafone, I know in the UK that some of these routers are SIM locked to vodafone UK, is that the case in Ireland also or should I be able to use it regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm selling my Linksys 3G router if your interested. It was purchased last sept from Elare

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

sent you a pm

• Advertisement
Advertisement