Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna pasta recipies

• 04-04-2007 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has any tuna pasta recipies that dont use mayonnaise or soup? Reason is i bring pasta to college with me for lunch and am running out of ideas.:rolleyes:
    Thanks a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

Chop up & fry Courgette, onion, peppers, mushrooms & any other veggies you have in your fridge with some garlic. Throw in a tin of tomatoes & a tin of tuna. When its hot pour over cooked pasta. You can eat it like that or throw it in the oven with some cheese on top for about 25 mins.

Sometimes to make it different I throw a chilli in aswell. Tastes really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Pasta with a standard tomato sauce, with tuna mixed through it.

Hard to beat....although its well worth making your own tomato sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

One I make to bring to work sometimes is tuna with 'small' pasta (e.g. mini bows or shells) and sun dried tomato pesto. Just add about 3/4 generous teaspoons of pesto sauce to one small can of tuna (in brine preferably, or it gets too oily) and toss in about half of a finely chopped red pepper for crunch and stir it all into the cooked pasta. I sometimes add a small sprinkle of dried basil or dill to bring out the flavour. I also use this mix (minus the pasta) in stuffed avocados.

Advertisement