Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAP / WML Security

Options
  • 04-04-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Ive never worked with wap or wml before but a project has come up in work that i thought would be pretty interesting.
    We want to create a wap site that will allow access to certain functions on our in-house admin site. Obviously Security is of the utmost importance so i want to find out how secure i can make the site before we go any further.
    Is it possible to allow only certain Phones access to the site based on the IMEI or MAC address of the Phone? Ive searched but haven't found anything written on this which leads me to believe its not an option.
    Failing that how securely can i make the site using a login technique instead?

Sorry meant to add it will be hosted on IIS with ASP.NET. Not sure if it makes a difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/ - might be a good place for you to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You can restrict via MSISDN, which is essentially the WML equivalent of IP. MSISDN is just the international format for subscriber number, ie. 3538300.. oh sh!t, nearly gave my number out there.. : )..

But you get what I mean..

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

You can restrict via MSISDN, which is essentially the WML equivalent of IP. MSISDN is just the international format for subscriber number, ie. 3538300.. oh sh!t, nearly gave my number out there.. : )..

But you get what I mean..
    So i can retrieve unique information about the phone thats connecting ? I looked at the wurfl site and it seemed to have device ids but there were basically nokia_ProductIdOfPhone.

Advertisement