Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommended places to buy beer in Limerick?

Options
  • 04-04-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

I've been spending some time in the city lately (and discovering that it's not as bad as people say :) ) and I'm wondering, can anyone recommend a good place (off-licence) to buy beer in Limerick?

I'm looking for somewhere that goes a bit beyond the usual range that you'd expect to find in any decent Dunnes - somewhere more like Redmonds in Ranelagh, or The Vineyard in Belfast.

There seems to be a lot of places that sell the same old stuff, plus a few Polish labels, but nothing with a decent range of ales.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hmm there is a good place on the dock road isnt there? Its like a huge off licence, never been in there but i've droven past it a few times, can someone else clarify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 thehungrysloth

Mac's on the Ennis Road have a great selection with a lot of stuff I haven't seen elsewhere. The boss there knows his stuff too - and to quote the man - 'Life's too short to drink sh't beer'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

He's a legend that guy, he takes selling his beer so seriously. Fair play to him though.
    Even Cider, he loves to discuss the different types available and will even tell you what he likes to sup on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Use Coasters next to Donkeys a bit good selection of foreign beers.

THe vinyard down next to dominos in mount kenneth saw me a lot when i lived down there.

But hard to beat Dunnes for the slab of miller or stella and the 2 for 15 or 3 for 20 on the vino

Place on the dock road is called coopers but have found that it is as expensive for beer as anywhere else.

Good range of beers and wines at the new fines wines next to the quality hotel. Plus dead cheap minerals slab of cans of coke for a tenner

New Carry out on hyde road not to shabby either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Would second Macs on the Ennis rd.Guy there actually knows what he is talking about in beers.Unlike most of the other lot ,if you ask them for somthing different you get a look like you have grown another head.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

LIDL's .....

yep ..... definetely LIDL's .... ;)

ps. I gave up drinking so I can pay off my mortgage 10 years earlier .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

And it's not just the manager and owner, most of the guys ther have tried all the stuff too....including that St. Nicholas Austrian beer (14% vol. and tastes like bad chocolate)...well I didn't like it, I'll have to build up a taste before next Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had a look in Mac's on the Ennis Road and you were right about the range etc. I'd definitely recommend it.

I haven't tried any of the other places. Yet :)

And if you like Guinness then do yourself a favour and try some Old Peculier, available in bottles from Mac's. Yum.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rapp

isnt there a vineyard besides dominos pizza near mount kenneth place? fines wines on roches street has an alright slection, they all do polish beers like okocim and lech now anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

O'Briens offie in the Parkway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Where along the Ennis road is Mac's? Close to any other shops? I'm a bit unfamiliar with that side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Case of VB from Macs - €64
    Case of VB from Champers - €48

Macs is a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Where along the Ennis road is Mac's? Close to any other shops? I'm a bit unfamiliar with that side of town.

Next to Mace, (petrol station) just passed the Union Cross, with the Holy Rosary Church on the other side of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Good stuff. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Jumpy have to agree with ya although they have a great range have always found Macs quite expensive

Advertisement