Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S Masters Golf

Options
  • 04-04-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing anything in this? no value in Tiger IMO at 7/4. I'm thinking of doing DiMarco at 80/1 and Goosen at 35/1.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Not sure as yet but might look at the PP top 5 and top 10 finishes.

Historically Singh and Furyk go well on the track and should be good for a top 5
    Top 10 might be attractive for Henry or some other big outsider.....

Tiger should be a cert to win so the value is definately outside of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 NR16

Robert Karlsson 16,s to b in top 10.
    580 to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Agree with Kenco, Singh is going well this year & likes this course, oh, & go with betting w/o Tiger if you want to have a chance ;)

Fancy a small flutter on Stenson & Casey (both e/w) myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I spotted an arbing opportunity, but I dont have anything like enough betfair balance to cover the lay so I'll pass it on. David Howell can be laid for 54 euro to be top European at 24. He's available to back at 25-1 on Paddy Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

was going to put a few bob on mickelson winning it @8/1 with pp without tiger in it,but decided not and have gone for what i think are value bets.

outright ew 1-6 henrik stenson @33/1 with pp

outright ew 1-6 the goose @28/1 pp

outright ew 1-6 niclas fasth @250/1 pp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Andthebeatgoeso

Oh happy days, the masters is upon us once more and today is the day for putting your money where your food goes!

Woods is the only winner in the field, but such short odds favour e/w bets, so my bets for a top five place are

A Badley 100/1 - current form is impressive, highly ranked on average strokes per round leaderboard

Stenson - has bet the best, in form

Casey - playing with woods and baddley, has the game and a point to prove

A Scott - form excellent

R Allenby - form excellent, 2 top tens in last 2 tournaments

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Singh and Furyk top 5 (5/2 and 11/2)
    Langer and Cink (8/1 and 11/2)

Enjoy and good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

harrington was 66/1 wed night, went to bookies today and only got him at 25/1. He's been building himself up (actually i havent even checked to see how he did today lol)

sweet jesus 5 over bye bye money

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Might as well be 666/1 for all his chances. Never does well in Augusta does Paddy, far too hot and cold, 76-66 kind of job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

I have €50 on Harryington at 20's

Do you think I should hedge, and if so who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

well happy tonite with the goose finishing second,got a nice few bob to collect in the morning just in time for the national:) .
    hawker27 wrote:
    was going to put a few bob on mickelson winning it @8/1 with pp without tiger in it,but decided not and have gone for what i think are value bets.

outright ew 1-6 henrik stenson @33/1 with pp

outright ew 1-6 the goose @28/1 pp finished 2nd

outright ew 1-6 niclas fasth @250/1 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i had goosen (28-1) each way @ 1/5 odds with PaddyPower but as he came tied third with two others the price is reduced to 2/3. didn't read that anywhere...****ing PaddyPower bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

does that mean that if 3 people tie for 2nd that it only counts as one place and that harrington would've in fact placed??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No, it means they tie for 2nd, but take up 3rd and 4th aswell, the men on the next score down tie for 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

I do bets as a passtime and interest on golf.

Had s garcia at 20/1 20 quid in running
    z johnson 16/1 Friday -3 30 quid

then covered my bets at 16th hole on sunday with

20 j rose 8/1
    20 woods 8/1

so all in all made 400 euros, then i had 20 euros on McCoy in Irish National so its been a relaxing weekend :)

Now i have to stop it going to my head.

Advertisement