Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Dream Theater album artwork revealed.

• 04-04-2007 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

2373-main.jpg

It's not, um, very good at all really.

I suppose when I think about it, none of their stuff had amazing covers, bar maybe Metropolis or Awake. Anyway, it'll all be irrelevant when we actually hear the music, as that's all that really matters, but untill it's released, we only got ourselves a bit of visual titilation.

2vs2br9.jpg

Got to love Portnoy's Dethclock T-shirt! :D

Anyway, the album is out on the 4th of June, 2007.

A dude I know on another forum who works for Roadrunner, and has heard the album, has told me that it's "Absolutely awesome" so, you know. Be excited.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

God there really starting to show there age in that pic...myung looks like a walking skeleton. As for the album cover yea it wouldnt look too bad apart from those spider thingys but o well its the music that counts.

Hope they keep some of the heavieness they had on there last two albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I'm hoping it'll be more balanced and "DT" than octavarium. It varied way too much from track to track. Apparently the track lengths are;

01. In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 (9:00)
    02. Forsaken (5:36)
    03. Constant Motion (6:55)
    04. The Dark Eternal Night (8:51)
    05. Repentance (10:43)
    06. Prophets of War (6:01)
    07. The Ministry of Lost Souls (14:57)
    08. In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 2 (16:38)

The 25 minute epic is split up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i am loving that album cover, its class.
    but I agree the lads are looking weary. hopefully not a sign for the forthcoming album which i hope is better than the rubbish that was the last album.
    even now listening to it again i feel it is poor.

i am loving that album cover, its class.
    but I agree the lads are looking weary. hopefully not a sign for the forthcoming album which i hope is better than the rubbish that was the last album.
    even now listening to it again i feel it is poor.
    Bah i was a fan of octavarium and train of thought, sure octavarium was all over the place but it still had quality imo. Some people critisized train of thought for being too heavy but if you just forget its dream theather then its pretty class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Patricide wrote:
    Bah i was a fan of octavarium and train of thought, sure octavarium was all over the place but it still had quality imo. Some people critisized train of thought for being too heavy but if you just forget its dream theather then its pretty class.

train of thought is my second favourite dream theater album.
    in my opinion octavarium was tired and lethargic, Dream Theater on auto pilot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I liked Octavarium, but I agree the songs didn't blend as well as other albums. I'd love something in the vein of Scenes from a Memory, but methinks they've moved on from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The new album was recorded in the same place as Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory, just so you know. Whether or not that indicates anything, I don't know, I won't speculate.

Train Of Thought was a fantastic album, and while Octavarium was certainly among their worst efforts, it was still a good album in it's own right.

It was at bear tracks? More than SFAM was recorded there...

mp3guy wrote:
    It was at bear tracks? More than SFAM was recorded there...

Yes but they hadn't recorded there since SFAM, as far as I know.

They did SDOIT there I believe. And before SFAM they did the ATCO images & words demos there

<edit>

and the actual images and words album

<edit>

and a change of seasons...

and Systematic Chaos was recorded at Avatar Studios, same place Falling Into Infinity was.

• Advertisement

Well lets just hope it kicks ass, a studio is only a studio after all. It doesnt write there music.

But some masterpieces have come out of bear tracks, hopefully what came out of avatar this time won't be so record-executive influenced :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Octavarium and TOT are my favourite DT records. Definitely a fan of the newer stuff - not too gone on the IAW stuff.

The new cover is nothing special but I can't wait for the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GNOSiS

Really hope they could come to London this year or EVEN Dublin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I liked Octavarium. Was my first exposure to DT, followed by Train of Thought, and then the outstanding Scenes from a Memory.

But I shall be looking forward to this summer all the more-so now with news of this album.

Muchos gigs and albums to be released. Mmmm, lots of rock \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

There's a Systematic Chaos teaser on Mike Portnoy's Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/mikeportnoyofficial

Also noticed there wasnt a link to the artwork or anything up.

http://www.dreamtheater.net/news_dreamtheater.php##releaseinfo

Dr.Poca wrote:
    There's a Systematic Chaos teaser on Mike Portnoy's Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/mikeportnoyofficial

Also noticed there wasnt a link to the artwork or anything up.

http://www.dreamtheater.net/news_dreamtheater.php##releaseinfo

Yeah, the image seems to have timed out or been removed. :D

Can't really tell much from the teaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I know,it doesnt give you any idea really.It seems heavyish,from the guitar sound anyway.

I cant wait for it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

GNOSiS wrote:
    Really hope they could come to London this year or EVEN Dublin :)

Yeah, whats up with that anyway? they havent played here for donkeys.
    We have feelings too, dammit. :(

Advertisement