Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Line-up of retailers set for MacDonagh Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sounds like the clone of the Rathdowney outlet is opening in KK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Nah. Have you stood in Rathdowney recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Not a bad line up more like Fairgreen in Carlow

Anchor tenant, Dunnes Stores
    Barratts Shoes
    Carphone Warehouse
    Champion Sports
    Clarks Shoes
    Costa Coffee
    Dr & Herb
    Fields Jewellers
    Gloria Jean’s Coffee
    Health Express
    Next
    Peter Mark
    Pull & Bear
    River Island
    The Health Store
    3 Phones
    TK Maxx
    Virgin
    and Zumo Juice Bar,

Its how there going to work access that puzzels me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Bond-007 wrote:

Better to have this shops in KK, which is an actual city where people live, rather than in a warehouse in the middle of the country where people from all over have to drive to it.

It will pull the focus of KK city centre up John St too. I'm sure property owners there don't mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

BingoBongo wrote:
    Its how there going to work access that puzzels me:confused:

Access to shopping centres in cities is not the big deal that people make it out to be. Look at City Square in Waterford: how many parking spaces? 400? 600? But they trickle in and out all day, so it's not an issue. There's already a lot of traffic going by in front of McDonagh all day, but on the whole, the area handles it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bond-007 wrote:

Jese Bond don't jinx the place before it even opens:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

why no free parking in Kilkenny like in Carlow?Tescos,woodies,Lidle,Superquin(free if you shop there) all walking distance from the town centre.
    Why does Kilkenny need two Dunnes and no Tescos?
    Are the decision makers paid off?
    Kilkenny smacks of corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's most likely it. Tesco have been trying to get in to Kilkenny for years but the existing crowd obviously have enough clout/money to prevent them from getting planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

hi5 wrote:
    why no free parking in Kilkenny like in Carlow?Tescos,woodies,Lidle,Superquin(free if you shop there) all walking distance from the town centre.
    Why does Kilkenny need two Dunnes and no Tescos?
    Are the decision makers paid off?
    Kilkenny smacks of corruption.

It will be 3 Dunnes now , (Parliment St, Kirean St, Mcdonagh)

Give me TESCO anyday......... better than dunnes bores:p anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

MacDonagh Junction

That's the shopping centre's website,
    half it ain't updated though.

Bring on the competition!!

• Advertisement

Opening date drawing close now :D ! See they are recruiting staff and that now. October they say it'll open. Nothing of thi size or scale in Kilkenny befoe, should be great in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

My Dad lives in Meadow Way on the Comer road..... Traffic is going to be even more insane then before, once the mart opens we'll be ****ed.

Anyone know if Dunnes is the only major anchor tenant there? I know there's Next/TK Maxx and others.

Cool to be getting a decent music store to KK at long last. Heartbeat city have had it v easy for far too long. Not even a Golden Discs inKK for some mad reason...

No mention of the resteraunts either. Will be interesting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Think it'll bring lots of business to the city too hopefully, being right next to the station is handy for people in Waterford and Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

I feel quite the opposite.
    Bit of anti-climax when I read the list of shops.
    (Shoe shops, coffee places, phone shops dont really light my candle tbh).

It will be good for keeping all the bored youths/hoodies in one area ! (Like moths around a flame.)

Ideally it should have a Tesco/Marks and Spencer/Debenhams type shops and then one or two book shops then it may be worth visiting occasionally.

Something new is needed, something to attract people/business from other areas to bring money/business to KK. Nothing there to attract money spenders beyond a 0.5 mile radius from visiting.

Me and the missus will still be travelling to Carlow (and Dub occasionally) for our shopping - Tesco mainly. Or Callan when it gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

John's Green has free parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It does but it's often full. It'll be more so when the shopping centre opens. It can be a bit dodgy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

at least the parking isn't as expensive as it is in Waterford. and I'm sure it will ease a little once us contruction workers are gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oceanicsky

CITY MART did that get the goahead? and how do u post your own TOPIC ON the city. www.citymart.ie help me plz:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 warrenstown

Check out the Anchor Mall section under 3D views, on the right is a picture of Matt Damon in a scene from The Bourne Supremacy.

As for Sunday Shopping, I can't see how traffic is going to improve in KK with all these centres. I find Sunday the busiest day for traffic in KK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement