Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 Unused minutes info

• 04-04-2007 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I just changed over to o2 from Meteor. Active 150 plan but would like to keep an eye of my unused minutes...

Does anyone know how to keep track of your unused minutes and texts. Either on the o2 website or getting the info sent to your phone?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

The minutes are listed on o2.ie under my account services.
    Also dial into your phone *101# and this will tell you in monetary terms how much outside of your plan you have used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

The minutes are listed on o2.ie under my account services.
    Also dial into your phone *101# and this will tell you in monetary terms how much outside of your plan you have used

Xcellent info !!!

Super i didnt knew about that 101 thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Thanks! Just tried it, came up with network error on my K800i...

Does that only work if you are over your minutes? Sure I will try again later.

Anyone else have any useful shortcuts / commands for the o2 network? Would be very handy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I know this is only useful for a small number of people, but I have a Sony Ericsson and if I go to entertainment, then o2 menu (got the phone off o2), I can select unbilled balance and it tells me to the nearest euro how much I owe outside my plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Dammer wrote:
    Thanks! Just tried it, came up with network error on my K800i...

Does that only work if you are over your minutes? Sure I will try again later.

Anyone else have any useful shortcuts / commands for the o2 network? Would be very handy...

Call O2 and advise of this as you need to be setup for it. Some numbers are not fully set up for it. Did you move from speakeasy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 nobby2k1

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their Inclusive Units not being adjusted. My allocated minutes are stuck @ 180.31 but I've already gone past that and now I'm being billed for each call.

I've talked to O2 earlier and they're gonna check it out as my new billing period starts from today so it should've been reset.

ATB,
    Nobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're watching it online there's a "confusion period" when you're trying to watch your unbilled calls online. It's usually about a week around when your bill is generated. It's a complete pain.

Your best bet (as you seem to have tried) is to call customer care, confirm how many minutes etc you have left and get names of agents who tell you (just in case it was in error).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It will be possible to check your unused inclusive minutes using a code similar to the *101# in the very near future, technology is moving on at a rapid rate. I'm sure O2 is working on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

I remember there was a thread giving a link to a page that had those shortcuts / commands posted somewhere... I'll have a look around.

O2 Customer care emailed me back saying that the only way to monitor the minutes is to call them direct, or calculate it by downloading a copy of my bill in excel format and adding up the minutes then subtracting it from my monthly allowance... Bit of a pain.

But there is a function on the K800i (probably most phones as well) that is under Menu... Settings... Calls... Time & Cost... Call Timers.
    That shows Last call, Total call time and "Outgoing Calls". So I suppose just reset it at the end of every Bill.

Message counter is there as well

On www.o2.ie you can see how many minutes you have remaining and whatever else is in your bundle. Whoeevr gave you that info in customer care was incorrect.

There's no shortcodes or commands beyond *101#.

• Advertisement

yeah the inclusive minutes and sms's are viewable under 'unbilled'
    My problem was that the system wasn't updating it.
    Also never got my call back today from O2:confused:

Ring them back and follow it up with them nobby2k1!

As for them not updating, they update every 6 or 8 hours or something - this is how it was explained to me. Also, around the time of your billing period it sorta freezes for a few days - they couldn't explain this.

Ok it's getting stranger....
    I checked my account online today and the 180 or so mins has been credited to this months allocated units....BUT I've still got charged for the calls I made outside of my allocated call units?!? Am a bit peev'd tbh as I use the online a/c details to make sure I adhere to my minutes etc...so kinda feel that the O2 service let me down and I'm out of pocket because of it. If the online information had of been accurate I would've stoped making any additional calls or used my pre-pay sim.

Should I write an email seeing how I don't get any callback from them?

Ok it's getting stranger now....
    I checked my account online today and the 180 or so mins have been credited to this months allocated units....BUT I've still got charged for the calls I made outside of my allocated call units?!? Am a bit peev'd tbh as I use the online a/c details to make sure I adhere to my minutes etc...so kinda feel that the O2 service let me down and I'm out of pocket because of it. If the online information had of been accurate I would've stopped making any additional calls or used my pre-pay sim instead.

Should I write an email seeing how I don't get any callback from them?

Write them a detailed (but don't ramble!) email noting all your problems. If they've charged you extra as a result of wrong information I've generally found them pretty good to try and sort things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

I use this very handy app to monitor my minutes.

Dashfly Minute Manager
    http://fonestuff.t35.com/minutemanager.sis

You can download it to your pc and transfer it across, or you can download it straight to your phone by typing address into your phone, its only 39kb so it be cheap.

It is a very handy little app. Fully customizable to your price plan, off peak/anytime minutes, weekends etc. And your monthly data and text allowences.

BTW think this only works with series 60 mobiles

Advertisement