Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to play on good friday

• 04-04-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,
    anyone know where would be the best public course in dublin to get a round in on friday 6th april? just starting off so the easier the course the better :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

try elmgreen or citywest, you may hhave a lot of company though being that its a day off for most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

yep, elmgreen would be a good bet. good course to get started on i'd say.

as mr hartley says though, could be very busy. esp if weather is like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

cheers, rang elm green and there booked out. is there any decent par 3(not P+P) around, i heard the one in tyrellstown is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

dodgey69 wrote:
    cheers, rang elm green and there booked out. is there any decent par 3(not P+P) around, i heard the one in tyrellstown is gone.

again, i think elm green has one. (there's details on their site). It looks ok and is in good nick.

there is a par 3 course near finglas also. the map near my house in ashtown shows one there too but i have never been up to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

You could try Deer Park in Howth.
    It has a par 3 course and 2 18 hole courses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

Graeme1982 wrote:
    there is a par 3 course near finglas also. the map near my house in ashtown shows one there too but i have never been up to check.

if its the one on the ballyboggin road then ive played it loads and its more a P+P than a par3, even though its called a par 3.

ill look into Howth as Chef says although will prob be booked out aswell as weather is suppoed to be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Deer Park Howth, Co. Dublin
    Telephone 00 353 1 832 2624
    00 353 1 832 3489
    Fax 00 353 1 839 2405

Green Fees from 1st March 2006
    Weekday Prices

Pitch & Putt before 1pm 3.20
    Pitch & Putt after 1pm 4.00
    Short Course – before 1pm 5.80
    Short Course – after 1pm 7.50
    9 Holes Grace O'Malley 9.00
    9 Holes St.Fintan's 9.50
    18 Holes Grace O'Malley 17.50
    18 Holes Deerpark 18.00

Weekend & Bank Holiday Prices

Pitch & Putt 5.80
    Short Course 10.50
    9 Holes Grace O'Malley 13.00
    9 Holes St.Fintan's 13.50
    18 Holes Grace O'Malley 25.00
    18 Holes Deerpark 26.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Elm green has a pitch 'n putt course, slightly different to par 3. Liffey Valley par 3, just off the roundabout heading into Leixlip is a decent par 3. Served me well when I was coming back from surgery and not ready for a full game. A few holes where you'd be teeing off with a wood anyway, if not a driver.
    €11 iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

http://www.gui.ie/
    Lists alot of open days ,can sort by area ,date etc.

Advertisement