Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for somewhere in South Dublin to rent a tuxedo

Options
  • 04-04-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Going to a ball on the 19th April, and I am looking for somewhere to rent a tuxedo. It's a blacktie only ball.

Not sure where to post this, so mods feel free to move it to somewhere else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

There are Blackties all over the City,the only specific locations in the south side I can think of are Ranelagh and Donnybrook, but I know there are more.

Happy Hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

There's a geansai load of them all over the place. Westmoreland Street and Baggot Street in you're in town. One in Dun Laoghaire. Blackrock has one too. You're best whipping out the old Yellow Pages and having a look at that.

If it's a college ball, and you're in first or second year, you might want to consider buying a tux. If you go to 4 balls in your time at college, you'll probably have covered the cost versus rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

what kind of self-respecting southsider doesn't own a tux?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mikeindublin

How much you talking about in Dublin to rent a tux for the evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It depends, if you just want the suit part of it, I believe Blacktie can loan you one for 40 euro. I've no idea what it costs to rent out the whole shebang. All I know is that I personally can rent out the works for 50 euro, purely because I'm great.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭manbat

Sangre wrote:

haha he should be shot and buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sangre wrote:
    he's probably a student up from the country, seeing as he was looking for the location of a black tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Buying a tux these days is nearly cheaper than renting especially if you are going to be attending a black tie event annually. Tuxedos never go out of fashion so they are a great investment. My boyfriend bought one for only €129 last week in a place in Balbriggan called Suit & Tux Warehouse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OP I would also say buy one, you;ll get your money back if you go to 2/3 balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

I was in House of Fraser in the Dundrum Town Centre the other day, and they had black tie to both rent and buy.

Advertisement