Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Care

Options
  • 04-04-2007 12:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Noticed Zymol mentioned in another thread and was wondering what people use to take care of their motors?

I wash and turtle wax every week or 2 weeks. Inside tends to get neglected a bit but I keep dash wipes on hand and it gets a hoover every month or so.

I have half leather half alcantara seats and have no idea what to use on those. I know there are products for the leather but not so sure about alcantara.

Iv seen car wash fluid, inside glass cleaner, out side glass cleaner, wheel cleaner etc.

I do want to keep the car in good knick so im wondering what best practice is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Everyone has their own opinions on this. I use a wash/wax (make varies) on a weekly basis. I Wax 4 times a year, alternating between a Turtle Wax and Autogym polish. I use Autgym glass cleaner (inside and out) one a month (really great stuff!) and tyre shine (various makes of foam) plus trim cleaner "Back to Black" forthnightly. The interior is vacumned abour one ever 6 weeks (nobody in it but me and it doesn't get too dusty) using any Cockpit shine spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Recently switched to Meguiars stuff.and gave the car a good wash, clay bar, wax & polish a few weeks ago.
    Got its second was with the Meguiars stuff the other day and it looks like it got the full treatment again.

Really happy with the results.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I use a wash/wax (make varies) on a weekly basis. I Wax 4 times a year, alternating between a Turtle Wax and Autogym polish.

You using a heavy duty wax 4 times a year??

Rew wrote:
    You using a heavy duty wax 4 times a year??
    Not at all. I just use a cream Wax as I have the Cars from new and with such regular care they never need anything too radical like claying.

Not at all. I just use a cream Wax as I have the Cars from new and with such regular care they never need anything too radical like claying.

Im not following the wash/wax once a week followed by a wax 4 times a year.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote:
    Im not following the wash/wax once a week followed by a wax 4 times a year.
    Why not? Wash/Wax weekly will not keep the finish on the car on it's own. You asked what others; did I gave you my routine. It's up to you what you do yourself but if you want it in decent nick I'd suggest Waxing at least twice a year (Summer & Winter).

Why not? Wash/Wax weekly will not keep the finish on the car on it's own. You asked what others; did I gave you my routine. It's up to you what you do yourself but if you want it in decent nick I'd suggest Waxing at least twice a year (Summer & Winter).

theres a missunderstanding here :)

When i say im not fowllowing I mean I dont understand when you said that you wax weekly then said you wax 4 times a year.

I assuming its differant products but just want to clarify what you ment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

You can get an all-in-one wash & wax product.
    I assume Srameen uses that weekly, but four times a year he/she uses a specific 'wax only' product.

Rew wrote:
    theres a missunderstanding here :)

When i say im not fowllowing I mean I dont understand when you said that you wax weekly then said you wax 4 times a year.

I assuming its differant products but just want to clarify what you ment.
    Sorry! (It's sometimes hard to read something in the same tone as it was written) I use a wash and wax combined shampoo product weekly, there are dozens on the market.

Advertisement