Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtel..UTv..or BT??

Options
  • 04-04-2007 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,

im wondering if anyone uses Newtel for their phone and broadband and if they have any problems with it or can say if its good or bad.

Also im looking at Utv and BT. Basically because of the BB and Phone bundles they do.
    Can anyone recommend which is the best or worse.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Don't know about Newtel but I've tried BT and UTV. No real problems with the connection with either here in Donegal although some complaints about BT on the board here lately. I've been with UTV now for over two years as their phone package suits me better. If call rates to NI and UK wrere same for both I could be saving €5 a month with BT.

Neither have good reputations for support but then I've never needed it so I can't comment.

See the poll at the top of the Broadband forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 alphasolutions

Ya i saw the poll but its dated i would think. As for the support well i think most support tends to not be great but as long as you dont need it then thats a good sign in itself.

Only difference with Newtel to BT and UTV is that you can get your cap removed for 4 quid..apart from that same thing..bb and landline calls free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm with utv a good few years now, support has been 50/50.. but never any reals problems with the bb in 2 years + and my phone bil is always next to nothing with the free landline calls..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

newtel broadband is just resold UTV broadband so its pretty much down to cost of calls etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

as a former emplyee of one of the companies mentioned above i can tell you that its all resold Eircom at the end of the day.

Also as regards support, it is terrible, that said former company uses its re-sellers support and has no in house (or rather very little) resulting in long wait times for fault correction and most importantly answers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Newtel are not the best telco in Ireland if you ever have a billing query .

Their sales department works very well though and is always fast to answer the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Their sales department works very well though and is always fast to answer the phone

Unfortunately I think you'll find that's the case with every ISP comparable to their tech support depts.

As a matter of interest are IBB still the only ISP offering no caps? If not go with any ISP providing this with a decent QoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

dusf wrote:
    Unfortunately I think you'll find that's the case with every ISP comparable to their tech support depts.

As a matter of interest are IBB still the only ISP offering no caps? If not go with any ISP providing this with a decent QoS.

Smart offer no caps. UTV have no cap for an extra €4.99 per month, I think!

Advertisement