Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to london....

Options
  • 04-04-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi All

Am planning a move to london in july/aug - my girlfriend is just finishing up college in teddington so our paln is to move in july/time. So for now its a case of saving the pennys etc.

Havnt decided on an area to live yet, will have to wait and see girlfriends job placement is - I'll be earning around 19-23K depending on the job of course.

I'd really appreciate any stories of people who have done similar - or any advice, tips, what to avoid, horror stories, letting agents, recruitment agents (IT) etc any info at all

THansk
    Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Number one tip: If you're not working in the centre of London, then its best to try to get a place to live on roughly the same side of London that you'll be working in.

And if you're looking to avoid letting agents, websites i found extremely useful are spareroom.co.uk, uk.easyroommate.com and moveflat.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

There was a lot of discussion about moving to London on this thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036079

Advertisement