Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many veggies in our fair land?

• 04-04-2007 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Anybody got an idea of how many veggies there are in Ireland? How does it compare to other countries? I doubt it's any more than 1%. The vegetarian society website says "Thousands". I don't know how accurate or up to date that is!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's rather hard to tell I imagine. When I became vegetarian back home in Sligo, I was the second in a group of about a dozen friends to do so. Now way more than half are in just a few scant years. This will not be typical, and I don't know everybody in Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, there are more vegetarians in Britain than people in Ireland I believe.

Advertisement