Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Discounts - Not!!!

Options
  • 04-04-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

When you get a chance look at Page 29 of the Irish Examiner - i.e. the advertisement for Cork Omniplex at Mahon, in particular the phrase "EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: ALL SHOWS BEFORE 1PM: €5.00.

Wow, I thought, that's a good price - so I read all the film titles and their starting times and guess what - not one film starts before 1pm. Infact, the first film time advertised is 1.05.

They also mention "KIDS CLUB: €3.00" - but no times for Kids Club. (And the kids films begin at 1.10).

So, am I losing the plot here? Have I missed something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Judes wrote:
    Have I missed something?

sort of - the early shows are advertised online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you have a point Judes...I was at the cinema once trying to actually find a show that started before 1pm and did not find a single one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chazza_2007ie

the gate in town is the best for the kids club, i bring my son to the 12 o clock show n it only cost us 3euro each which is nuthin. cant wait for it to be open in may. went to omniplex there tonight n it can be quite costly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

ya it is was going to take the kids i babysit to see happy feet when it came out and it would have cost a bomb. their student discount is a sham as well bring back the gate soon.

Advertisement