Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an image or text be 'fixed' to the bottom of the page?

Options
  • 04-04-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

The scenario is this:

I have a welcome page (small bit of flash to welcome the visitor and so on...), created with a series of nested tables etc. The main table from which all others are nested in is set a little off the top of the page, and centered. I would like to have a line of text at the bottom of the page (the company's CRO information, and the copyright line etc) at the bottom of the page. If it is going to lie outside of the table, is there a way to have the line always at the bottom of the page, under the main table, no matter what screen size/resolution?

My first guess is to create the line of text as an image instead - done. Now, is there a way (like css classes to place/repeat background images) to place it at the bottom of the pageby default?

TIA,

Seanie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

yes do something like this

<style>
    body {
    background: url('link_to_image') no-repeat fixed bottom
    }
    </style>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Unhelpful and didnt answer what he/she asked