Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tire and Wheel Question

Options
  • 04-04-2007 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Driving a Mondeo at the moment. I bought 4 new tires for the car about 8 months ago and i would not do alot of mileage. As always the front wheels were balanced at the time of fitting the new tires.

I have noticed that the LEFT front tire is wearing alot faster than the right front. This is odd to me because the car does not really pull to the left or the right as i am driving and i check my tire pressure every Friday, so the tires are always at the correct pressure.

I do notice that on the M1 at 75-90MPH the steering wheel does shake a little.

I was going to get my Wheels re-balanced and the Tracking done tomorrow but i also wanted to get your opinion on this also.

What do you think is the cause for the LEFT front wearing alot faster than the right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Thank you for posting this thread 4 times in the last 11 minutes...

Mad things occourring...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hmm, boards.ie was down and all i did was press refresh a few times. I didn't realise that it was posting over and over.

Sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

logik wrote:
    Hi guys,

Driving a Mondeo at the moment. I bought 4 new tires for the car about 8 months ago and i would not do alot of mileage. As always the front wheels were balanced at the time of fitting the new tires.

I have noticed that the LEFT front tire is wearing alot faster than the right front. This is odd to me because the car does not really pull to the left or the right as i am driving and i check my tire pressure every Friday, so the tires are always at the correct pressure.

I do notice that on the M1 at 75-90MPH the steering wheel does shake a little.

I was going to get my Wheels re-balanced and the Tracking done tomorrow but i also wanted to get your opinion on this also.

What do you think is the cause for the LEFT front wearing alot faster than the right?

If tracking was out then both tyres would wear unevenly, sounds like something is loose/worn on your left front wheel assembly, any tyre place will be able to check this out for you.

techie wrote:
    If tracking was out then both tyres would wear unevenly, sounds like something is loose/worn on your left front wheel assembly, any tyre place will be able to check this out for you.

Yeah maybe mate, the thing is i only just got the car serviced. It was done last week and they never mentioned anything about a problem with the wheel. The FORD garage where i got the service don't have a tracking machine so it was never really checked.

I will have to take it to the Q-Fit garage tomorrow and ask them to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

logik wrote:
    Hmm, boards.ie was down and all i did was press refresh a few times. I didn't realise that it was posting over and over.

Sorry....

No worries! I've deleted the other three posts

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    No worries! I've deleted the other three posts

Thanks mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have the suspension assembly checked for wear at ball joints and other links. Also have a full alignment check done too - it sounds like your camber is out at the wheel in question.

Can Q-Fit do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Do you drive around a lot of roundabouts? Serious question - the outside of front passenger side wheel can wear heavily if you do.

BrianD3 wrote:
    Do you drive around a lot of roundabouts? Serious question - the outside of front passenger side wheel can wear heavily if you do.

I have to pass one everyday for work but thats only twice a day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement