Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Line Checker

Options
  • 04-04-2007 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I recently discovered that my neighbours all were broadband enabled by checking their phone numbers. Last year i disconnected my phone line as i was sick of paying extorsionate line rental. I got reconnected two weeks ago presuming that my line would receive broadband as the original connection was only four years ago. I tested my line and it failed. Eircom say that's just the way it is.

Is this usual that some houses might work and others don't or could it be that it might take a while to register.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Your line is probably enabled but the lines are checked only once a month for broadband availability. So eircom are running off of last months readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

-edit too slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 digitalsnub

Anyone know what day of the month its checked?
    I'm checking it every day!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Anyone know what day of the month its checked?
    I'm checking it every day!

It is different for every person. I'm afraid you just need to keep checking.

Advertisement