Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Camps

Options
  • 04-04-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm looking for some good recommendations for a Summer Camp in Ireland this summer of 2007, for a 6-year-old Irish boy who has lived abroad for most of his life.
    His English is fluent, his Irish almost zero.
    An activity camp with lots of sports is preferred.

Any guidelines on contacts; or failing that camp duration, activities, and price much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GAA widow

hi knowsjack,

what part of the country will you be going to? Children generally don't need Irish for activity based summer camps. Off the top of my head the "Let's Go" summer camps are located around the country.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.letsgo.ie/

Also local primary schools are often inundated with flyers for local summer camps so check their noticeboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

The Let's Go camps are very well organised with lots of activities and trips, children are in similar age groups.

In my area the City Council compile a list of all the summer camps for the city and county with dates, ages that each one is suitable for, price, times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

My son enjoyed the Samba Soccer camp last year. www.sambasoccer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Are you looking for residential camps? Apart from in the Gaeltacht I've never really heard of residential camps in Ireland. Most of them are just day activities with the kids going home in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Camp Rockwell in Cashel Co Tipperary is residential as well as day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

our daughter has gone to 'Play Ball' for the last 3 years and really enjoys it. Its all sports activities and some art. Very well run etc.

Its run at different locations around the country, can't find anything on the web. Will check if I can find the number later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 knowsjack

Thanks all for your good suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement