Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan on a core 2 duo

Options
  • 04-04-2007 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I just upgraded my pc, the cpu is a core 2 duo, the cpu fan runs intermitantly , Are these fans heat sensitive, are they supposed to only run when hot or is my fan botched, i would have thought if it was broken it just wouldn't run, not run some of the time. When it's not running it makes a high pitched squeeking sound ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

dude...that's broken. You can have my one if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Khannie wrote:
    dude...that's broken. You can have my one if you want.

thanks for the offer but i think it's a design feature, maybe of the motherboard. when you boot the pc the fan is off, it comes on after a couple of minutes and then goes on/off, it must be sensing the temp of the cpu, if the fan was broken i think it would just stay off, i'll leave it for a while and see how i get on, if my cpu dies in the not too distant future ill know the fan is broken :D

Advertisement