Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade Down.....

Options
  • 04-04-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

:D Hey Guys,

After a long running dispute with a car dealer i have been given the value i paid for my car in a kinda "Store-Credit" kinda way. This means i can take any car up to 8000 euro from the Dealer. Only problem is none of these cars i am intrested in!

The car i do want is a used car, only worth about 6000 euro and available at loadsa car dealerships around Dublin. I'd have no problem losing the extra 2000 euro if it ment i got the car i wanted.

So has everyone ever heard of a down grade? So i coulda trade my higher value car to a lower value car without any cash back. I know it seams like a no brainer but i just wanna get this sorted! :D

Let us know if anyone knows of car dealerships who offer cash for cars or even a trade in without money changing hands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you could try and push for extras being fitted to the 6000 car. leather interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

meeeboards wrote:

Let us know if anyone knows of car dealerships who offer cash for cars or even a trade in without money changing hands.

Bend over and have a bucket of vaseline ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

why did the dealer not give your money back? what was wrong with the car?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If it is 6000 then get a nice new radio, alloys, maybe bodykit!! Stuff like that all fitted on to make it the 8000 value!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

€2000 worth of Statoil fuel vouchers perhaps................

Can the dealer not just give you a cheque for €8000?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You tell the dealer what car you want for the 8000 and let him find it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Would you stop someone on the street and hand them over 2 grand? If so then where do you live please? I'll start walking those roads every day!
    Don't give away your hard earned. Dealers can get cars off other dealers for feck all. Find the car you want somewhere else to the value of about €8500 or €8750 and TELL him (not ask) thats what you want. If he doesn't get it for you then get a solicitor.
    I can't believe someone is willing to hand 2 grand to a dealer after getting what sounds like a bad deal before this already.

Advertisement