Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franciscan Well Beerfest

Options
  • 04-04-2007 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

is it on Easter Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I havent heard anything about a beer fest this year but then I havent been to the Franciscan in ages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A mate just invited me to go, so I'd say yes.

(I won't be going. I'm sane.)

Its grand if you go early. That way you can get pissed before the crowd arrive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭wordofmouth

Yeah this weekend. I think it's pretty good during the day if the weather is nice and if you have a chance for day time pintage! At night it's a bit mental and not really fun unless you manage to secure a table!

Is it on the Saturday as well? I'm still hoping they'll bring back that sweet sweet apple nectar :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Its so packed at night. For a beerfest there is a surprising lack of beer being drank ebcause of the huge queues involved in purchasing said beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

D-Generate wrote:
    Its so packed at night. For a beerfest there is a surprising lack of beer being drank ebcause of the huge queues involved in purchasing said beer.

Too true. I'd be more inclined to go to the Bierhaus for a mini-Beerfest over the weekend. Mmmmm...beer-y goodness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Its also good to get their early cos the better beers have a terrible habit of running out before sunday night

Anyone know the start time on Saturday? I know that for the actual October fests they used to start at 5pm on the Friday but since its opening on a Saturday I'm not sure what to expect. Wouldn't mind heading in on the Saturday afternoon if its on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

opens at 12.30, im heading in about 3 anyway, cant wait!
    fun in the sun!!!

http://www.franciscanwellbrewery.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

great beer there my favourite was an apple beer called Newton yum

great beer there my favourite was an apple beer called Newton yum
    I didn't make it in at all :(. Was the Newton a very sweet beer by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

not really,mild apple taste it was refreshing. i didnt get to try the hooker beer,people were raving about it. nice burgers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

anyone know if the man the fell down the stairs survived?

he looked like a corpse at the bottom of the stairs when i was leaving.
    i'd say he had some headache yesterday.

Advertisement