Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Jap performance car to go for....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

quinn direct just gave me a quote on a 2.2 Accord Type R think i might go for one of them now, only thing is theres nex to none in ireland so will have to travel to the uk to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 38 the muffin man

draffodx wrote:
    quinn direct just gave me a quote on a 2.2 Accord Type R think i might go for one of them now, only thing is theres nex to none in ireland so will have to travel to the uk to get one
    So you decided to go semi-sensible? :)

I've been in a Accord Taxi which had VTEC & was great craic so can't imagine what the Type-R must be like! :D

yeh, I like the fact that theres not many of them around, there understated, dont have a boy racer image but have the power there anyway and I love the look of them, its semi sensible alright, have been told if you dont engage the vtec too much its not too bad on petrol as well.

just have to give up a few nights out to get the money for the tax but i'm getting old and shouldnt be goin out anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

S2000's are too pricey i think are they not? If I were you, I would go for a Subaru Impreza Sti Type R Coupe! They are got cheap at the minute! Well a 97 you can get for 12 or so!

AWD, 280bhp, Very Comfy, Class looks, you get the grunt of a Subaru!

Dish wrote:
    AWD, 280bhp, Very Comfy, Class looks, you get the grunt of a Subaru!
    Add boy-racer image, (speaking from my mate's experience) the associated hassle from the fellas in blue, sky-high insurance premiums & drink fuel as well as being a nightmare to modify from a reliability perspective if you ever went down that route (we are in the "modified cars" section! :D) & I'd say no, the Scooby would be one of the last cars I'd buy - although I do admit I love the look & poke of the earlier ones! :cool:

All-in-all draffodx, I'd say you've got a good idea there if you go for the Accord Type-R. By the way, don't buy it thinking it'll be anywhere near as nice on fuel as the Focus! :p Especially when you get used to using the power under your right foot! ;)

• Advertisement

All-in-all draffodx, I'd say you've got a good idea there if you go for the Accord Type-R. By the way, don't buy it thinking it'll be anywhere near as nice on fuel as the Focus! :p Especially when you get used to using the power under your right foot! ;)

i dont pay for my petrol :) i'll just have to buy the octane booster for it

Add boy-racer image, (speaking from my mate's experience) the associated hassle from the fellas in blue, sky-high insurance premiums & drink fuel as well as being a nightmare to modify from a reliability perspective if you ever went down that route (we are in the "modified cars" section! :D) & I'd say no, the Scooby would be one of the last cars I'd buy - although I do admit I love the look & poke of the earlier ones! :cool:

Well like the cars he is looking for are goin to ge him that image anyways! As for guards they can be a pain but all my mate has been pulle dfor so far is Number PLates and that weas at the rally wkd! Modifyin them isnt bad! He has got a HKS exhuast system going on now shortly. Parts are easyily nuf got if u look hard enough! I know they drink the juice but hey, u want the power your gona have to put up with it!:D Me mates is the 97 shape! GC8 they called arent they? Nd for insurance, who actually insures a turbo the right way? lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dish wrote:
    Nd for insurance, who actually insures a turbo the right way? lol!
    You do know the car isn't insured if you do that?
    It's retards with a mentality like yours that give people with an interest in cars a bad name.

tuxy wrote:
    You do know the car isn't insured if you do that?
    It's retards with a mentality like yours that give people with an interest in cars a bad name.

Well duuuuuh! It still gets ya a insurance slip doesnt it! No1 is askin you to do it! And anyway, who are u to judge me! If insurance companys would lower premiums and the age that you must be to insure a turbo car properly, ppl myt start to insure cars ryt!

EG: Friend of mine got a quote of \0€12000 to insure a Subaru WRX, he's 22! Now u tell me whos going to pay 12000 euro to insure a car! Its a joke!

its actually because people dont insure turbo cars properly that the cost of insuring a turbo car is so high, the insure company will still have to pay out third party claims even if you are not properly insured on a car and not properly insuring a turbo shows immaturity something which leads to bad driving and ultimately a crash and a claim which costs the insurance company money.

Insurance is still expensive in this country but not insuring a car properly makes you a fool and we can only hope when you or anyone else not insuring there cars properly crash thats its not into someone who is responsible enough to insure there car properly

• Advertisement

Dish wrote:
    Well duuuuuh! It still gets ya a insurance slip doesnt it! No1 is askin you to do it! And anyway, who are u to judge me! If insurance companys would lower premiums and the age that you must be to insure a turbo car properly, ppl myt start to insure cars ryt!

EG: Friend of mine got a quote of \0€12000 to insure a Subaru WRX, he's 22! Now u tell me whos going to pay 12000 euro to insure a car! Its a joke!

And if you were to be involved in an accident that was your fault. What about the poor person that was crashed into?
    Fu[k everyone else as long as you have your fun?
    Now do you see why many people who drive cars like this are considered low life scum?

Back on topic. Good decision on the car draffodx. Hope you can find one. Don't know if this was talked about already but have you considered going to England to get one?

tuxy wrote:
    Back on topic. Good decision on the car draffodx. Hope you can find one. Don't know if this was talked about already but have you considered going to England to get one?

yeh i think its my only option really, there far cheaper there too even to bring in a 99 one and add vrt is cheaper by about €1500 than the few i've seen here.

Have to sell my focus first too, its been up for sale for a long time and could have had it sold twice but family issues, holidays and a family tradgedy have all meant I couldnt sell it. Very annoying, now that i've a couple of weeks off work theres been no interest, typical :rolleyes:

tuxy wrote:
    And if you were to be involved in an accident that was your fault. What about the poor person that was crashed into?
    Fu[k everyone else as long as you have your fun?
    Now do you see why many people who drive cars like this are considered low life scum?

Yea i know about the whole accident thing! But its a risk that driver who falsely insures d car is taking! Dont judge ppl b4 you know dem mate! U cud have friends who have it that way so keep ur wee judgements to ursel!

Dish wrote:
    Yea i know about the whole accident thing! But its a risk that driver who falsely insures d car is taking! Dont judge ppl b4 you know dem mate! U cud have friends who have it that way so keep ur wee judgements to ursel!

No I am 100% sure none of my friends have done that. Unlike you I don't pal with skangers.
    Your post was advocating driving with no insurance, giving me the right to judge you.
    Your whole attitude since joining these boards has been appalling.
    Also if you look at your desk you should see you have a keyboard, not a mobile phone.

tuxy wrote:
    Also if you look at your desk you should see you have a keyboard, not a mobile phone.

a mobile phone is not an excuse to write text like that

Dish wrote:
    Well duuuuuh! It still gets ya a insurance slip doesnt it
    At that rate you might as well fake the disk for all it's worth: if you do have an accident it won't be worth the paper it's printed on. Guy I know got insurance, didn't declare the mods that were on the car & when he hurt himself & wrote off his car he had no comeback from it. Had he smacked into someone else (thank goodness it was just himself involved) he would have been sued to the high heavens & chances are not been able to pay out. Good way to start life if that's your attitude. Oh, & he has back problems since the crash that he has to pay for himself to get sorted out. You decide if he was smart in what he did.
    Dish wrote:
    Yea i know about the whole accident thing! But its a risk that driver who falsely insures d car is taking!
    Wrong: if you're not properly insured & in an accident where it's your fault then your insurance company won't cover you, the person you did damage/injury to will sue you for everything they can get because you're not insured (ie. a license to print money) & your injuries won't be covered because you were involved with fraudulent activity (which is what not insuring a car properly is). The reason it's not just your risk is that if you're not earning enough to pay for insurance then you DEFINETLY aren't earning enough to go without it: the person who'll sue you for damages won't be able to get enough money from you (chances are) to cover their medical or material bills so now it's their problem & they're out of pocket.

So draffodx, how are you going about selling the car? You just advertising on here?

So draffodx, how are you going about selling the car? You just advertising on here?

adverts.ie, carzone.ie, autotrader.ie, buyandsell.ie, gumtree.ie

stuck it up on all them yesterday, takes 4 days to go up on buyandsell.ie, thats abit useless.

its up on everything else already, had one contact about it so far

tuxy wrote:
    No I am 100% sure none of my friends have done that. Unlike you I don't pal with skangers.
    Your post was advocating driving with no insurance, giving me the right to judge you.
    Your whole attitude since joining these boards has been appalling.

I dont pall with skangers! I dont even like them for that fact! I like petrol heads! Who are different types of ppl!

Im not sayin drive without insurance! Im statin facts that mpost ppl with turbo cars dont insure dem properly! Dont like my writin style dont read it simple as! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Dish wrote:
    Im statin facts that mpost ppl with turbo cars dont insure dem properly!

Another false comment,anyone i know with a turbo'd car has it insured properly. Great reason for my insurance to go up:mad:

I said most not all!!! So its not a false comment!

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote:
    its up on everything else already, had one contact about it so far
    What about luck in finding the Accord then? You been looking around the UK at all?

What about luck in finding the Accord then? You been looking around the UK at all?

yep have so far found 3 that are perfect but 2 have sold while i try to get rid of the focus

Got rid of the focus then? :) Saw you're posting on one other site looking at another car I suggested! ;)

Got rid of the focus then? :) Saw you're posting on one other site looking at another car I suggested! ;)

the 200sx??

no still have the focus but am so angry at quinn not insuring me on the type r that i'm just gonna buy a car and hopefully sell the focus then, although it should be gone soon anyway have alot of interest in it and it should sell once its gets it's nct on wednesday

draffodx wrote:
    the 200sx??

no still have the focus but am so angry at quinn not insuring me on the type r that i'm just gonna buy a car and hopefully sell the focus then, although it should be gone soon anyway have alot of interest in it and it should sell once its gets it's nct on wednesday
    Indeed! :) As for the insurance, expect Quinn to insure you but get the quote online, it'll be a lot cheaper than you'll get over the phone. Do both & don't tell them on the phone & see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Indeed! As for the insurance, expect Quinn to insure you but get the quote online, it'll be a lot cheaper than you'll get over the phone. Do both & don't tell them on the phone & see what I mean.

Yeah i had the exact same thing. I had to cancel my existing policy and go with the online quote......crazy but saved me ~€300-400.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions lads....

I picked up an Honda Integra Type R last friday,

Its a 99, milano red one, absolutely love it, what a car to drive.

Thanks again for all the help, will be putting some pics up in this thread soon, my internet access at home isnt working and it wont let me upload them at college today for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did you get a uk or jdm one in the end?

eireal wrote: »
    Did you get a uk or jdm one in the end?

uk one with the round headlights, i love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Cant wait to see the snaps

Advertisement