Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Research on the internet

• 04-04-2007 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is access to law journals such as DULJ, the Irish Jurist or Crim LR anywhere on the internet?
    I'm studying for exams but i'm nowhere near a law college and don't want to have to go anywhere near one in the next month. I have access to all major databases like Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, Justis and Firstlaw but have never used them for anything other than looking up cases
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

DULJ and ICLJ are available on westlaw.ie.

Crim LR is english as far as I know, so maybe westlaw.co.uk.

Irish jurist is kinda old school. Justis claims to have digets of Irish Jurist Cases, but I wouldn't put much stock in that.

Sometimes, if you're looking for a specific article you get lucky by searching in google. Some authors put their articles on their websites which can be (copyright law aside) accessed freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

ah **** i only have westlaw .co.uk anyone know anywhere else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

We run www.legalperiodicals.org, which has searchable indices. There is some content, but not as much because of copyright.

Overall the market is poorly served by electronic access to periodicals, most likely because Roundhall are happy enough with the way things are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

maidhc wrote:
    We run www.legalperiodicals.org, which has searchable indices. There is some content, but not as much because of copyright.

Nice link, is there any reason why it is not incorporated into irlii? There is an index of journals on irlii, but not as many actual articles.
    dcarroll wrote:
    ah **** i only have westlaw .co.uk

annoying, isn't it? there's no good reason why a subscription in Ireland shouldn't have access to westlaw.co.uk, .com etc, especially with how much these things cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

Nice link, is there any reason why it is not incorporated into irlii? There is an index of journals on irlii, but not as many actual articles.

The Index of journals on Irlii will deleted once the legal periodicals website leves its "beta" phase, which should be soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

not to hijack the thread but does anyone know where i could access an article that was in the Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly journal back in 2003. my college library website directed me to Heinonline but it only has this particular journal to the end of 2002. anyone have any idea where the articles after that can be found?

thanks!

Advertisement