Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settings for Behringer Crossover?

Options
  • 04-04-2007 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me what the correct X over freq is for a Behringer Cross-over with two amps @1000watts? Would it between 4 and 6 ohms or should it be set to the speakers inpendance printed on the back of the speaker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Any details on the Cross-over ? What's the model number ?

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ohms and frequencies are very different things. The crossover point is a frequency, not resistance. What is your set up and what are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

I usually find the best settings for behringer gear is Off :O)

Post up some more specs about you rig amps & speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

booooonzo wrote:
    I usually find the best settings for behringer gear is Off :O)

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

From what i remember (and 50% of the time i'm wrong :) - i think the crossover frequency depends on the CABS you are using...

E.G. You have some high and mid range speakers (which get the top end of the crossover frequencies) and some subs get the low end frequencies (the exact frequency depends on the cabs :)
    - so the subs might deal with frequencies 20htz to 100htz and you'd need to set the crossover to that set of frequencies...

Ideally i would throw the unit in the bin myself also :) - behringer suck if every department except cheapness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

bbability wrote:
    can anyone tell me what the correct X over freq is for a Behringer Cross-over with two amps @1000watts? Would it between 4 and 6 ohms or should it be set to the speakers inpendance printed on the back of the speaker?
    :eek:
    That wording makes no sense whatsoever and by the sounds of things you are out of your depth. I suggest getting someone to show you what to do and explain how these things work. Or do some extensive Googling, knowledge is power.

Advertisement