Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Power after 2500 RPM

Options
  • 04-04-2007 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

More motor problems!!

I get into the new car today (1.9 TDi) and notice that the power is gone. I can take off fine but once the revs get to about 2500 the power goes. The car does keep accelerating but much slower that it did before. I also have a 1.4 Astra and it reacts much better than this at the moment.

Does anyone know what might be the problem? And what it might cost me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

sounds like a sensor to me....I think the throttle position sensor in the VW/Seat/Skoda 1.9 TDi has been know to misbehave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

easy job to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

If its a VAG (Audi, Vw, Skoda or Seat)

Power loss on TDI 90s and 110s over 3,000rpm can be cured by replacing a thin hose that runs from the exhaust, near the turbo, to the ECU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

yep...no sure how much one costs though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

If its a VAG (Audi, Vw, Skoda or Seat)

Power loss on TDI 90s and 110s over 3,000rpm can be cured by replacing a thin hose that runs from the exhaust, near the turbo, to the ECU.

When you say 90 and 110 do you mean hp? Its 105 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be a number of things - those listed above plus - air mass meter, boost pressure regulator, stuck wastegate, the turbo charger itself and many others too!

What is the make, model and year - I'm assuming it one from the VW Group.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Why would a hose go to the ECU?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It might be a thick wire that looks like a thin hose? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

TBH, I dont know what exactly the hose is. That was quoted from honestjohn.co.uk.

There is a common issue with the TDi's. I cant remember what excatly it is though.

Advertisement