Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Subaru Impreza

Options
  • 04-04-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭

This is the new Impreza, a hatchback rather than the traditional saloon. Looks like a BMW 1 Series or Mazda 3 to me. Interior is much improved if still a little on the dull side. Any thoughts?

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_216276_5.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_216275_5.jpg[/URL]

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_216274_5.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nothing special but certainly a major improvement on the current one., i quiet like
    the interior, nice and simple and clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

looks nice enough from the front, dont like the look from the back, reminded me of a daewoo kalos or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No offical photos of the STi version yet though. Apparently the current car's 2.5 litre flat four engine is being carried over. No mention of a diesel being launched but a hybrid is on the cards for 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

My first impression is I don't like it. If, God willing, I buy an impreza some day it will be because of its in your face aggressive style that would be among the reasons. Its far more subtle the the outgoing model. Then again I did'nt like the "bug eyed" version of the impreza when it came out first but it has grown on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

what are the design guys smoking , backs alright but the front its horrible , 0.1/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Looks like a BMW 1 Series or Mazda 3 to me

Agree. I remember being sad and disappointed when the last generation Mazda 323F was launched. A funky, sporty and different 4 door coupe turned into a stationwagon overnight :(

Mazda 3, BMW 1-series and now the Subaru Impreza are all in the same league...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If that didn't look so bland, I'd call it a bad design. It just looks so forgettable.
    unkel wrote:
    Mazda 3, BMW 1-series and now the Subaru Impreza are all in the same league...

The new Mazda 3 MPS hot hatch should make that league interesting - over 250BHP!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

not a fan of it either. I hope they don't go down this route of killing off the saloon permanently. It was on my to buy list in years to come but only if its a saloon

I liked the one that was out in '02

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

eoin_s wrote:
    The new Mazda 3 MPS hot hatch should make that league interesting - over 250BHP!

A little OT but so far reviews of the Mazda 3 MPS have not been great. The chassis and steering cannot cope with the power through the front wheels apparently. Mazda put the 2.3 turbo engine from the 6 MPS into the 3 but stuck with front wheel drive rather than the all wheel drive system of the 6 MPS, to keep costs down. The 6 MPS on the other hand has had pretty good reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

It looks cat. Wouldn't touch it, no, no, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Very dull looking and will probably have the little boy racers crying because it is no longer loooks like the aggressive, nutcase car that the saloon does.

That said, I imagine that there will be plenty of body kit available for it to make it look more like the rally car everyone knows and loves!

It looks like they are hoping to entice Civic/Focus owners that want a car that looks like a small family hatch but handles and drives like a sports car. We should remember too that Honda tried to tone down the Civic to get away form the boy racer image. Are Subaru doing the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

well here's the 2008 WRX -
    12008subaruimprezawrxseux4.jpg

and here's the new evo
    news.jpg
    mitsubishi-lancer-evo-2.jpg

I know which one I'd choose.... evo for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah it looks ok but it still needs some work. I still wouldn't buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The side profile looks very Honda F-RV to me!!! are they putting 6 seats in it too:p

Advertisement