Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Question

Options
  • 04-04-2007 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

For The National Income Chapter Do you have to know the 3 ways of calculating National Income i.e. Know the Layout of each account etc and be able to draw the graphs, the Consumption Function etc. All of this is in the book but has never been asked in the exam.

The reason I ask this, I have been attending one of those Easter revision courses this week and yesterday we went over National income, He basically broke down the chapter into 8 areas and never made a mention of these accounts, graphs etc, Said know these and your covered. This guy has a great reputation and past-pupils rave about him. Is he over simplifying the course? :confused::confused:

I want to simplify my study but will I be skipping key areas??.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

You won't be skipping key areas, the key to a high grade in economics is cutting down and zoning in on what's important...

We never used the book, we bought it but rarely ever referred to it, did the course entirely using notes that our teacher made out for us, and I've rarely if ever seen anything in the past papers that hasn't been covered in the notes.. (apart from very topical issues... 100% mortages, SSIAs etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

you specifically need to know every thing about the expenditure method, you can just look over the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

yeah you never get calculations using methods other than y = c + i + g + x - m

Advertisement