Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Broadband

Options
  • 04-04-2007 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I recently got broadband with a wireless router but can't get it to work. I have broadband working with a cabel to the router but cant get the wireless to work on it. Rang ISP and they said the prblem is on my computer with the firewall. Has anyone come across this problem before or if anyone can help or come up with any sugggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

That's pretty shoddy support. Have you tried it with the firewall deactivated? This of course is not a solution but if it works then at least you know all you need do is tweak the firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

it is nothing to do with the firewall i had the same problem but i know a computer programmer and he set it up for me and said the problem was the wep key

who is your isp??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

change wireless security on dsl router to wpa 1+2 ( or wpa 2) instead of wep which allows you enter a less complex but equally secure key

also ensure that mac address authentication is off till you get it working ....then ask what it is :D

Advertisement