Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotro

Options
  • 04-04-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

I was just wondering about peoples opinions on the new (beta version right now) Lord of the Rings online game. Having the beta version myself I can say it took a lot from WoW and improved on what they had. Other people have said it is completely different and that it is nothing like WoW....those people are ignorant. The interface is the same as WoW, which is fantastic seeing as how you don't have to relearn a new interface. I'm still having difficulty learning how the food works out in it. Would love to hear you're tips and info on this new game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I got onto the Beta but when I downloaded and installed it, it told me my key wasn't valid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

Where can i get the BETA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Just saw some screenshots for the first time. Looks like an improved DAoC. (Hopefully just as good)

And mmorpgs all have similar interfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any idea how I can get a beta key ? Thought it was only the American one that aws going live ? I applied for the US one anyway I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Check the official website. They've got a European beta sign up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

FYI

I was in gamestop this morning in Waterford and they have shadows of angmar client for 5.99 (yup 5.99), im not sure whether it gives you entry to the beta client, but it has an advance 10 day pass to the european servers and a lifetime signup offer included in the pack plus an exclusive in game content

Again whether this gives you access to the beta servers i dont know but thought id give you a heads up

Shin

Downloading off FilePlanet

Is this the Us beta yea are playing ?

BazMcG wrote:
    Downloading off FilePlanet

Did you get a beta key ?

Yeah got a key aswell

• Advertisement

Got the European BETA and Key

It's downloading atm, just wondering, when i got my key a screendump read that i needed to make a codemasters account anyone know if i have to pay for this account?

BazMcG wrote:
    It's downloading atm, just wondering, when i got my key a screendump read that i needed to make a codemasters account anyone know if i have to pay for this account?

You dont have to pay. If you got bored with the game any chance I can have your key ? Applied for the beta ages ago and didnt get a key :(

*sniffle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Yes, it is the US beta that I have. I pre-ordered the game at GameStop and they handed me a beta version and it came with the key.

Illuvatar wrote:
    Yes, it is the US beta that I have. I pre-ordered the game at GameStop and they handed me a beta version and it came with the key.

Did it cost anything to pre-order ?

Tusky wrote:
    You dont have to pay. If you got bored with the game any chance I can have your key ? Applied for the beta ages ago and didnt get a key :(

*sniffle*

No problemo

Tusky wrote:
    Did it cost anything to pre-order ?

If I remember correctly I could pay $10 or pay for it in full (I chose full payment) after that they give you the cd for the beta version. If you get it you can only cap at lvl 15 for the beta version (highest lvl in game is 50). Also the beta version ends near the end of April, and one other thing your beta character gets transfered to the full game when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If you pre-order the game you can avail of a lifetime membership for 100 pounds sterling. Seems quite a good offer, but is the game anyy cop?

Yeah lifetime membership is $199 US and $9.99 a month so if you plan on playing a lot it would be very worth it to buy the lifetime it would pay off in less than 2 years.

Advertisement