Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB speed Question

Options
  • 04-04-2007 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I have Eircom and i am on a 1meg conenction ( so im told ).

I checked my Netopia router and noticed it says;
    Speed: 544/128 (kbps).

My question is this speed correct or incorrect or should i ignore the Netopia and what it says?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

nope, looks correct .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

OK thanks. I wasn't sure myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try unplugging stuff from line to see if a device ( sky box ? ) is interfering with it and also check all connections

then restart netopia and check stats , bet your db level right now is fairly high, possibly 60db or even 65db+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I have sky, but on phone line. The speed has been very slow all evening. I was just doing a couple of checks. The speed was downloading at one point of 25kps. I checked the on http://www.irishisptest.com it showed it. The speed has come back to normal in the last few minutes.

I didn't want to post another thread to see if anyone else was having problems with eircom speeds today.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

unplug everything from the telephone wire, and make sure your cable is clear from power cables by at least 20cm.

Then restart your modem and check the sync speeds, and the line stats

• Advertisement
Advertisement