Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cecelia Aherne

Options
  • 04-04-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I just read PS I Love You....it's not a bad little story, and I'm sure it will be a good movie, but I did start to wonder if she got published because of who she is. Her writing really is very basic in it, and a lot of the situations are kind of corny. Or is it just me?

Now I'm reading "If you Could See Me Now", and it's way, way better. It's not taxing, or Pullitzer standard, but it's original and very enjoyable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

yeah, i agree with you! (and I thought it was just me who found the situations in it 'babyish' !) for example, the scene where the heroine and her friends dress up as princesses or something to get entrance to a nightclub, I was like wtf??!! How is that funny or even amusing. Maybe it would be if another writer wrote about the situation. I like the story but its written poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Considering how many great books never get published, it really is a wonder how this one did. As you've both said, it wasn't a bad story, (although there was a very similar story in either the Twilight Zone, or Outer Limits, but that had a more sinister ending :D ).

It could've been a lot better but at least now I know to avoid the movie like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

humanji wrote:
    Considering how many great books never get published, it really is a wonder how this one did. As you've both said, it wasn't a bad story, (although there was a very similar story in either the Twilight Zone, or Outer Limits, but that had a more sinister ending :D ).

It could've been a lot better but at least now I know to avoid the movie like the plague.

No, the movie is a must see! It has Gerard Butler in it. :) I'm shallow, I know....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

lol, just watch 300 a few times. He wears less clothes (at least I hope!, You never know how hollywood may re-imagine the story :eek: ).

Advertisement