Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Society X

• 04-04-2007 11:02pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just surfing through the channels and discovered that it's on MTV now, not too impressed to be honest, seems very shabby production, or has WWE just ruined it all for me with all there polished work :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I watched a little of WSX online before and I could take or leave it, the basic concept is that:
    "WSX is meant to have an "MTV feel" to it and an "intentionally "underground" look with a ratty ring with no apron and rag stuffed turnbuckles. The show is also intended to appear more like a reality show with interview segments. Another key difference between WSX and other wrestling promotions is that WSX will have live bands playing during shows"

...so what you took for shabby production is what MTV thought was 'underground'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't think the production was shabby at all. It's the wrestling that's shabby! Although some of the guys are capable of having good matches in that WSX style. The Dragon Gate lads being some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

That Hart Kid impressed me, Vampiro appears to be eating too many pies, Justin Incredible has gotten very small or i am imaging things..... in fairness to them from the show i saw last night there timing was perfect and had you attention going from in the ring, to outside and back again in the space of 30 seconds.

It's never gonna be WWE but it could be an interesting enough Wednesday night watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cenas boy

it obviously doesnt want to be WWE but entertained me.the jack evans match seemed a bit who could out flip eachother but i thought it was great :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

it was interesting enough, I don't think I'd set sky plus for it, saying that I don't do that for any wwe stuff either (except the odd special).

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote:
    That Hart Kid impressed me, Vampiro appears to be eating too many pies, Justin Incredible has gotten very small or i am imaging things..... in fairness to them from the show i saw last night there timing was perfect and had you attention going from in the ring, to outside and back again in the space of 30 seconds.

Teddy Hart is talented, but his ego has gotten in the way a lot of times. He's been released from WWE twice already, but apparently they're interested in him again now. Credible was always kinda small, but I don't think he was wrestling much at all until he returned to WWE last year, so he probably did lose some weight. That first episode was taped over a year ago by the way, Justin signed with WWE before they taped the rest of their shows

The one thing that I think is absolutely brilliant about it above all else is the fact that the wrestling is the focus of the show. It's such a unique concept for a televised wrestling show! Pity they only got the ten episodes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

good point Fozzy, I don't watch much wrestling but catch the recaps online most of the time, looks like TNA run at about 7/8 minutes of actual wrestling for there 1 hour show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

You guys know that WSX was canceled by MTV, right?

Its a shame since its another wrestling company out of business plus one less competitor for WWE.

Dean820 wrote:
    You guys know that WSX was canceled by MTV, right?

Its a shame since its another wrestling company out of business plus one less competitor for WWE.

Yeah, they really need competition, I don't think TNA is the option, the industry really needs another Ted Turner with bottomless pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 zarks420

Matt Sydal is a standout performer who looks like the future of wrestling! I will miss seeing him perform along with his hot ass girlfriend Lizzy Valentine. If WWE was smart they would hire him along with others for ECW to wrestle their explosive style of wrestling for the new ECW. I will truly miss the bitchslap and other extreme moves of WSX.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Watched the first episode of wsx, the one with the battle royale for the contracts. It was all a bit too gimmicky for me. The kind of show that would be a yard tard's wet dream.

zarks420 wrote:
    Matt Sydal is a standout performer who looks like the future of wrestling! I will miss seeing him perform along with his hot ass girlfriend Lizzy Valentine.

You don't have to miss him, you can see him in many Ring of Honor events if you'd like to. He's a lot better in ROH, as the matches aren't as lacking in time or sense as WSX's. There were reports that WWE were interested in him a few months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sydal would be criminally wasted in WWE much like Gibson.

Saw WSX for the first time last night, and what can I say? Its f**king awful. Rushed matches, appalling camera work, pathetic commentary. And to think I stopped watching Final Battle 06, to see this tripe. Put on FB straight after for the amazing KOW Vs Briscoes after, and I was appeased once again ;)

Glad WSX is cancelled, though if it kept going, maybe Colt wouldnt be off to WWE so soon.

Advertisement