Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI-Important?

Options
  • 04-04-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I am looking at a T.V. taht has no HDMI but DVI and Component. How important is HDMI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I'd try and get one with hdmi to be on the safe side, you can get hdmi to dvi cable but i havent a clue whether they'll work fine with all future blu ray dvd players, hd dvd players etc. If its a big tv, its not really a good sign if it doesnt have hdmi seeing as nearly every big lcd has hdmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It's only a 19". Probably not the best size for my 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

ah ye 19inch lcd's usually dont have hdmi so wouldnt worry about hdmi for that size, component and vga work fine with the 360. I was using a 19inch samsung lcd with my 360 through component until i got a 32inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I am looking at the Samsung SyncMaster 940MW. I have heard good things about it but I don't know if to buy this T.V. or buy a cheap monitor and play the 360 over VGA.

Advertisement