Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Studies

Options
  • 04-04-2007 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I'm curious because it's never been done at our school, or even in town as far as I know, but it sounds like something I'd love to do, for those of you who do it, what's it like? Would you recommend it to someone who loves English and literature (although it's too late for me obviously), as an exam is it hard??...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's got the highest fail rate of any subject AFAIK, but if you have an interest in it, it should be no problem at all. I took it up to junior cert, loved it and got an A.

I would probably have taken it further but I had to choose between it and Chemistry in 5th year.

For someone who loves English and Literature, the texts on the course are well worth a read regardless of whether or not you do the subject, they're great books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

i am doing it for the junior cert and got an A in the mocks, its a really good subjet that hugely broadens the mind or something,

my teacher said that the leaving cert is a mix of english and history, if you like english you will love it and get on very well, thats what my teacher said but im still not doing it!!

Advertisement