Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best town for nightlife - Naas, Kildare or Newbridge?

• 04-04-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I'm planning a w/e away soon (with a group of girls) - and am looking to combine a day at the races (in the Curragh) with a stayover in either Naas, Kildare or Newbridge.

Any recommendations on which of the 3 towns to stay in for the night?

Looking for a nice restaurant, then some pubs that are good craic - late bars, with a bit of music and the option of a decent niteclub thrown in for good measure .. :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Newbridge;
    Highly recommend Weeping Thaiger and Bombay Brasserie as restaurants, then there's a good few decend pubs (Whitewater, Swift's, Eyre Powell hotel etc.) and Swift's Niteclub and another one farther down the town (called Cellar) I think.

Naas:
    Also a few very good restaurants - Lemongrass is one.
    Time Niteclub, Osprey Hotel.

I've never gone out in Kildare town and don't know what the restaurants there are like either.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

Thanks dame - appreciate the comments.

I think I just need to decide between Newbridge and Naas now ... I've been advised by a few people that Newbridge or Naas would be better than Kildare town...

Anyone been to both and recommend one over the other??

Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lilygilly

I am from Newbridge so I amy be a bit biast but I would go for there.
    There are some fab restaurants, as suggested the Weeping Thaiger / Bombay Brasserie, Donatellos is also super and there is a little small Italian called La Tavola Dora doesnt look like much but it is very tasty!
    Pubs wise there is a good choice, Im not sure what age bracket you are in but I would suggest Harrigans, it is very nice, has a really good mixed crowd and it also has a late bar. Coffeys is also good, but can be mental on a Saturday night, but they have the best smoking area upstairs if that interests you. If you would prefer a nightclu there is only one Swifts, agains can be mad on a Saturday night, but they now leave the back bar open til late and there is a separate DJ there and the good thing is its free!!!
    Newbridge now also has a new Shopping Centre, some really good coffee shops adn the likes and the Showroom at Newbridge Silverware is also worth a visit.

Naas is a differenet sort of a town, not as many shops. Restaurant wise there are some good ones, Pasta Fresca on the main Street is Yummy but my favourite is Butt Mullins -so good!! Pubs wise I believe Haydens is goos as is Graces. Time Nightclub is in the Ospre ( which also has quite a good restaurant) but if you were looking for a slightly older crowd then the Court is in the Centre of the town. Im not sure aboiut late bars there. There is also a new spa in Naas that opened about a year ago but Im not sure of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

Thanks for that!

It's gonna be a late 20s to early 30s group. And it's a hen w/e - not sure on numbers yet but i'd say anything from 8-20 people ... planning to go to the races in the Curragh on the Saturday- so this is why i'm looking at these towns. Don't know if this changes anything .. ??

Thanks again for the feedback - loads to consider from the info so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

I'd head for Naas. Lists are in order of preference:

Restaurants:
    Weeping Thaiger
    Indie Spice
    Pasta Fresca
    Lemongrass
    Butt Mullins

Pubs:
    Graces - mostly 20-30yr old clientele, decent music
    Haydens - 25-35yrs, no music
    Lawlors - 30 -40yrs, nice surroundings probably a bit quiet for hen night
    Kavanaghs - 25-35yrs, good buzz about the place.

Clubs:
    The Court - over 25's mainly.
    Time - 18-25's, dance music. Has an 80's/90's bar upstairs but is packed to bursting on a Saturday.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement