Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service Pricing - probably been asked a hundred times already

Options
  • 05-04-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but here goes ... Currenty driving a 97 BMW 316, Need to get inspection 1 done, the AC belt, the belt that drives the utilities (I think they call it the serpentine belt), the SRS system needs a "pre-tensioner loom" replaced, Any ideas on price from Main Dealers and/or people that service it in and around Dublin.

Cheers...
    Ber...

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Firstly, how do you know that all of these need replacing?
    Secondly, use Alan Carroll @ AC Cars (www.accarsales.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ber

Hi kbannon, thanks for the quick reply
    - Inspection light is on, last service was Oil Service
    - Frayed would be a good word for the two belts referred too
    - I had a BMW garage run a diagnostic on the SRS syetem, was just too broke at the time to get the part replaced ( I know , kinda stupid)

Any ideas on the kind of damage this is gonna dot to my wallet ...?

Cheers...
    Ber...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I used to never ask the garage for a price before hand.In resent years i always ask and guess what the price has come down a long way.I always check with advance about brakes if they need doing before putting my car in.I do think if you dont keep an eye on them they will ride you.I had my car serviced by a well known dealer in Dublin before and i always was charged anything from 300 too wait for it 850 and that is pounds not euro.Its was a car no more than 3 years so not much work.The last 850 was the end of all that never again me thinks.I normaly pay about 150 now for a service with no breaks if breaks needed i will price them around.

Advertisement