Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch ECW This Week (non-spoiler)

• 05-04-2007 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I just watched the main-event of ECW this week, an Extreme Rules rematch from Wrestlemania. Let's just say it was better than the WM match, and better than nearly everything ECW has put on. I'm guessin that a lot of people wouldn't be regular viewers of ECW, so I just want to put the word out that it's worth a viewing this week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

right I will do.......
    the one at WM was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

saw the highlight video on wwe.com - the crowd are toasty hot for it - plenty of ECW chants (brought a tear to my one eye)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I expected this to be about Stevie Richards! Apparently him and Punk put on a good match. I've heard good things about the main event too so I'll check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I really don't get why they misuse Stevie Richards so bad. He's got to be one of the most misused wrestlers ever. He never puts a foot wrong, I'm sure he and Punk had a good match. They did last time they wrestled on ECW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched this just now and really enjoyed it. Elijah Burke is impressing me more and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I never really saw Elijah on SD, I'm not actually sure if he wrestled on the show or not, but I hadn't really seen him til last week, very good match he had with RVD. I've heard that the Wrestling Observer reported that he might have blown out his knee in the ECW match, PWInsider are reporting that he didn't and that he was working at the OVW taping last night. He wasn't on the show though, but I'd say he was just selling the injury

Punk was selling the effects of WM 2 days after the show, while Cena stopped after 10 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I will have to watch it now.
    it is true what mr nice guy said about Burke impressing more and more as the weeks go by.
    Burke only wrestled once or twice on SD. Burke was Turkays manager and that was his gimmick on SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i was watching and really enjoying it but guess what my sky + box ran out of space

you can't win

when is the repeat

the sky+ is meant to delete old stuff, check the settings.

anyway, i know it will be on again some night sat or sunday or even monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

triple h wrote:
    the sky+ is meant to delete old stuff, check the settings.

anyway, i know it will be on again some night sat or sunday or even monday night.

i change the settings to manual because before it deleted programmes i wanted to see

:) cant win

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fozzy wrote:
    I really don't get why they misuse Stevie Richards so bad. He's got to be one of the most misused wrestlers ever. He never puts a foot wrong, I'm sure he and Punk had a good match. They did last time they wrestled on ECW

It's criminal how they use him. It was a decent match too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Fozzy wrote:
    Punk was selling the effects of WM 2 days after the show, while Cena stopped after 10 minutes!

10 minutes,:eek: your being very generous to John "the Superman" Cena with that statement.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Just watched the ECW main event there. Yeah it was good alright and really that should have been the match at wrestlemania. I love the way the weapons weren't removed by the ref, it made it look like there was really a war in the ring. I really hate it when refs take the weapons out of he ring!!!!

EDIT:The steven Richards match wasn't great. It was VERY average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From PWInsider.com Audio :

Vince McMahon loved the ECW 8 Man Extreme Rules match and gave the competitors a standing ovation after the bout. Dean Malenko and Dusty Rhodes were heavily involved with the planning and execution of the match. It should be interesting to see, given the way the crowd reacted, whether the match will leave WWE more open to doing more "old school ECW" style direction and matches with the ECW brand or whether this was a rare occurrence, given those who politically have been against the ECW brand being anything but a third pure WWE sports-entertainment style company.

yeah, the 8 man extreme match was good.
    I agree with dickmcsavage---the steven Richards match was average.

Advertisement