Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get to Kilcullen by public transport?.

Options
  • 05-04-2007 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Question in title, will be from city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

I think it's aston quay... whatevers opposite the custom house. and get on the carlow/wexford bus, it goes throught Naas and Kilcullen.

Alternatively go to busaras and get the same bus, Kilcullen is the Stop right after Nass and you should be on the bus for around an hour and 15 before you get there.

And head to bardons for drinks! best pub in kilcullen!

This all came from a kilcullenite (is that a word?)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I know of two bus companies that serve Kilcullen, there may be more:
    • Bus Éireann
      Routes 4, 7, 130. I think the 130 timetable covers all the possibilities, but you'd have to check that.
    • JJ Kavanagh
      Dublin-Tramore and Dublin-Clonmel. Last I knew, they left from outside the Savoy on O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spock 10,000

Is there a way of getting from Kilcullen to Tallaght, Dublin by 9 on Public transport?

The bus routes above only make it to City Centre for just before 9 so Dublin Bus/ Luas wouldn't get me out to Tallaght on time

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there a way of getting from Kilcullen to Tallaght, Dublin by 9 on Public transport? The bus routes above only make it to City Centre for just before 9 so Dublin Bus/ Luas wouldn't get me out to Tallaght on time
    Get off the bus at Newlands Cross and head down Belgard Road, there is the 76 | 76a | 76b but they aren't the most frequent.

Another option is to get off at Citywest and get a 202, but they only start at 9:50am.

Or head in the Naas Road and get a tram to Tallaght, but I don't think theres an official bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I was thinking that it might be an idea to have a Public transport thread stuck at the top of the page and anyone with any queries about what buses take you where or what time the DART runs till etc etc,can post them there specificly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anto McC wrote:
    I was thinking that it might be an idea to have a Public transport thread stuck at the top of the page and anyone with any queries about what buses take you where or what time the DART runs till etc etc,can post them there specificly.
    **cough**Commuting & Transport **cough**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Ah,sorry i didn't know that was there. Although i really should've but meh

Advertisement