Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Cappotelli update

• 05-04-2007 7:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

I'm currently in Louisville for the 400th OVW taping and Matt just announced his tumor had grown to 7-8cms and he'll be getting surgery in Boston on May 1.

Very emotional scene with the entire roster surrounding the ring.

By Oliver Copp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The tumor has grown, that doesn't sound good. It was such an emotional moment when he gave that speech last year, hopefully he pulls through this. Best of luck to him on May 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Double C wrote:
    The tumor has grown, that doesn't sound good. It was such an emotional moment when he gave that speech last year, hopefully he pulls through this. Best of luck to him on May 1st.

i tried looking for that speech he gave last year but couldnt find it...do you know where i could get it...
    this is terrible news.I know that he did announce that he was going to get treatment but if it has grown it doesnt seem to have worked..
    it really is a shame for him....he did well on tough enough and was doing well in OVW before he had to leave.....i hope he pulls through on May 1st and hopefully we see him in the ring in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's always kept a positive outlook on the situation, that's something to admire. He's still looking in great shape too. I hope the surgery is successful and he starts taking steps in the right direction towards being in full health again

His speech from last year in OVW can be seen here: http://livewms.wwe.com/homepageclips/200602/mattcappotelliovw300.wmv There's no links to it on WWE.com, you might have to copy and paste it into your video player to watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Was only thinking the other day that I hadn't heard an update on him in ages, his site doesn't seem to be online anymore!

Glad to hear he is still around OVW. Hope all goes well with his surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Glad to hear he is still around OVW. Hope all goes well with his surgery.

I could be wrong but I don't think he's been around OVW regularly. I think it might have been a situation where just he came back to update everybody.

• Advertisement

No, he hasn't wrestled since he was first diagnosed, he was the OVW champ at the time too. Don't think he's been round often, he set up a company that sells his brand of clothes in the last year

I know he hasn't wrestled since being diagnosed, but I just meant that it was good he is still associated with OVW and was on the show. I've heard he has been backstage at a few shows every now and again since, visiting friends etc.

Fozzy wrote:
    His speech from last year in OVW can be seen here: http://livewms.wwe.com/homepageclips/200602/mattcappotelliovw300.wmv There's no links to it on WWE.com, you might have to copy and paste it into your video player to watch it

thanks...
    that speech makes me feel so bad for him everytime i hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

more bad news, just what he doesn't need, thankfully his next treatment is a localised one, i.e. cutting the tumour out of the brain, its a very risky prospect and could easily spell the end of his career, but right now his health and well being are more important, there's just no way to tell what effect the operation will have on his brain, i'm having the same thing done in the next few weeks and they can't tell if my effected eyesight will return to normal if the operation is successful, i'll be keeping the fingers crossed for him, and praying hard, its a scary prospect, you just want it over with already,but if there is one positive in all this its the encouragment that other patients get from seeing people like him staying true and courageous in the face of everything, he really is an inspiring guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

was he in the wwe for long be4 his got the tumer , what roster was he on?

• Advertisement

was he in the wwe for long be4 his got the tumer , what roster was he on?
    he was on OVW and was champ when he first realised....
    i'm having the same thing done in the next few weeks and they can't tell if my effected eyesight will return to normal if the operation is successful
    im sorry to hear that man..
    hopefully his outlook on life has inspired you as much as it has inspired me......
    Hopefully the both of you will come out stronger and feeling better than ever when its all done....

Sorry to hear that JR, I hope you get through it and come out stronger

Matt won Tough Enough the same year as Johnny Nitro, he made a few appearances on Raw and SD, but he was in OVW the rest of the time. I think he had been on the road doing SD house shows at one stage, but he broke his arm or leg and then went back to OVW

Sorry to hear JR! Hope it all goes well for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stay big JR, my thoughts are with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Sorry JR. Hope it all goes well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Tis sad to hear that JR, it is. Remember though to always keep positive! Let us know how you get on. Good Luck!!!

thanks lads, the wishes mean a lot.
    anyway any update on matt cappotelli or will we have to wait tiil after may, can't find anything new.

anyway any update on matt cappotelli or will we have to wait tiil after may, can't find anything new.

His site doesn't seem to be online anymore but he does have a myspace. He might have some updates on there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

sorry JR only after reading the posts .. Hope everything goes well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just checked into this thread. I hope everything works out well for you JR.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Matt Cappotelli, former Tough Enough winner and Ohio Valley Wrestling Champion, underwent brain surgery to remove a growing brain tumor. Doctors called the surgery a success.

Check back here as WWE.com continues to cover Cappotelli’s recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Observer update:

--Matt Cappotelli's brain surgery yesterday in Boston couldn't have gone better. He is doing well and doctors believe they have removed the entire cancerous tumor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great news. Hopefully he is free of it now for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sorry JR only after reading the posts .. Hope everything goes well!

likewise. your attitude is tremendous. all the best to you with your operation.

That's great news for Matt, I'm really happy to hear it

awesome news...im happy for him.....
    Hopefully his recovery will be equally as good

fatal wrote:
    awesome news...im happy for him.....
    Hopefully his recovery will be equally as good
    absolutely delighted to hear that, its always nice when someone overcomes the odds, and he does seem such a nice guy from all his appearances. really happy to hear that, now if only i could work through all this red tape at beaumont :p

Advertisement