Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graded Meeting next week

Options
  • 05-04-2007 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

The Gradeds start again next wednesday....

Quick question....

Do you have to be member of a club or the AAI to participate? Can any Joe Bloggs go to Santry, pay their entry fee and run? I am not in a club, and haven't run a track race in 15 years, but would love to give it a lash over 400 just to see how slow I really am!

Domer

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You're supposed to be registered with the AAI. The entrance form has spaces for your club and your registration number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

Don't mind that. You'll be allowed run. You can enter on the day. Just ask to run as a guest if all else fails. ecksor we're trying to promote the sport here.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Thanks stepperupper,

Didn't think I could so did a run at lunchtime instead. May try one in the next meet.

Thanks for you help,
    Domer

Don't mind that. You'll be allowed run. You can enter on the day. Just ask to run as a guest if all else fails.

Do you know that for a fact? It wasn't the impression I got whenever I entered them.
    ecksor we're trying to promote the sport here.

That's a pretty useless rebuke. He asked a question which I believed I was answering correctly. Would you rather I gave him incorrect information and he wasted his time just so he was told what he wanted to hear and I can feel like I am promoting athletics? I wouldn't have created this forum if I didn't have a small interest in promoting athletics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As far as I know the fee for the meet or meets covers AAI registration. Only one way to find out: pick up the phone!

http://www.dublinathletics.com/us/default.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone last week... I will try again next week.

I dont think that the entry fee includes membership of the AAI, but you may be able to enter as a guest. I saw one name in the results and he was declared as Unattached.

I wonder will AAI ratify the world record I am going to run if I am not a member of the association :)

I will try again at the next one... think its in a few weeks in Irishtown.

Thanks for all the advice.

Domer

I always understood unattached athletes to be registered athletes who are not members of clubs. Surely insurance policies don't cover unregistered athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

You do need to be an AAI member to run in the Graded's. You are also supposed to wear your club singlet. There is a part of the entry form that requests your AAI number. You can try and chance it.

One thing im used to at graded meets is being screamed at to tuck my singlet into my shorts!! :). But that is a rule!!!

Advertisement