Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Fence for Dogs

Options
  • 05-04-2007 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to make my garden escapre proof for dogs, a german shepherd and a malamute.

I'm looking into fencing which is very expensive and somebody recommend the radio dog fence.

Does anybody have this system for their dogs, does it work, will a dog charge thought it, will be be able to build up a tolerance to the shock after a while when he crosses the boundary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

We have had a thread on this recently.

The radio fence is better than no fence ...but it has flaws.

If you want peace of mind, invest in a proper fence.

EDIT:
    HEREis the recent thread.

There are a few more, try the search

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

ya should nearly do a sticky on the radio fence one. Nearly coming up on a weekly basis at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

I personally don't recommend the radio fence, I live in the country and thought this would be fool proof as I could keep my dogs in the back of the house, its an open garden from front to back. Anyway one day one dog got stuck in one of the corners and was getting shocked and out of panic it happened to jump over the fence, from that day on he learned that the little pain was worth it and kept jumping over. If you can I would say invest in a good fencing system and keep gates closed whenever possible.

Hootie

Advertisement