Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby Shower?

• 05-04-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I'd love to have a baby shower, purely to get together with all my friends who I haven't seen in ages, don't get out much these days :rolleyes:

Are they totally an American thing though or do people over here have them? Would other people think it's stupid?

I realise that just becuase my life it totally taken over by baby things, that other people might not be interested and I don't want people to be bored by it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Shelli wrote:
    I'd love to have a baby shower, purely to get together with all my friends who I haven't seen in ages, don't get out much these days :rolleyes:

Are they totally an American thing though or do people over here have them? Would other people think it's stupid?

Until recently I had thought they were a mostly American thing too, but they seem to be catching on over here now too.
    Dont mind what other people think, if you want to have one go ahead, a lot of people think birthday parties are stupid too but people still have them.
    Shelli wrote:
    I realise that just becuase my life it totally taken over by baby things, that other people might not be interested and I don't want people to be bored by it.

I can imagine it would probably be more popular with people who have children themselves. I'm sure most people you'd ask would turn up out of politeness for a few hours anyway.

That said i'm not too well up on what goes on at baby showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ShirleyH

Hi Shelli!
    Baby Showers are really catching on over here, i've been to a few, and I had a shower for a friend a few weeks ago, but we mainly gave her stuff for herself to use during the pregnancy and after the baby, as she'll get loads for the baby once it's born!
    Its a great idea to have a shower tho as I think your social life can take a downturn during pregnancy, and its nice to be made a fuss of!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Just bear in mind. Some people who are superstitious don't like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 littlemissbusy

Hi
    The baby showers are really popular overhere now. So much so that we are orgainsing baby showers for people now. If you are interested check out.

<link removed>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Hi
    The baby showers are really popular overhere now. So much so that we are orgainsing baby showers for people now. If you are interested check out.
    <link removed>

Who is we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Littlemissbusy,
    I have edited the link from your post.

Please do not advertise your site here, if you wish to advertise please contact one of the Admins who will be more than happy to help.

Also please refer to the (Newly Updated) charter

Thanks,
    c - 13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

BostonB wrote:
    Just bear in mind. Some people who are superstitious don't like them.

Totally - good way around this is for the shower to be all about the mother and simply pampering her.

/edit.. Shelli - real friends will want to be there to help and support you. Just remember sometimes that there are other topics to talk about other than babies and you'll be fine!

Advertisement