Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effects of global warming noticed in Cork

Options
  • 05-04-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭

Walking through town yesterday morning I was amazed to see that global warming has hit us bad... According to the 96fm clock it was 88 degrees at 8.00 yesterday.. And this morning it was 125!!! Fantastic temperatures for this time of year...(and day...(and world...))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

We didn't listen! Great news that it's hear at last. Break out the suncream and the Bulmers! I'm going to pitch a tent on top of County Hall cos the sea levels must be rising now that the ice caps have melted. Rooftop summer party time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I did get a wee bit worried last night alright when stopped at traffic lights on patrick street to see that it was 110 degrees.. I thought it was just a hot flush

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dulpit wrote:
    According to the 96fm clock it was 88 degrees at 8.00 yesterday.. And this morning it was 125!!!

Hmmm...I was under the impression that Ireland, along with the rest of the (reasonably) intelligent world, used the Celcius system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

What convoluted system are they using so? O_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

maybe that 96fm display is a listener counter..what an awful radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

maybe that 96fm display is a listener counter..what an awful radio station.

haha - BURN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Hate the heat means I can't sleep.

They still haven't fixed the thing, i want to know how hot or cold it is in the morning so i can bitch and moan about it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Ya cant beat Redfm(except for Victor Barry, cant stand him), 96fm sucks!But its still better than any other station, cause its a Cork station like!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Hey 96 is the best station

I'm gonna have to say that both red fm & 96 fm are utter crap... 96FM has the worst dj's in the history of the planet, and the people who ring in to prenderville or that choose a song thing around 6ish are cringe-worthy... Red FM on the other hand just plays the same 8 or 9 songs on a hourly loop... Had to listen to it all last summer cos of work, counted the same song (i think it was nelly furtado or shakira or something like that) played 4 times in 5 hours... Crap, crap, crap..

What we need is a decent rock or alternate station in cork, something like what freak fm was.... Sick & tired of all the same bloody pop crap...

UPDATE:

Freezing weather now in Cork, this morning it was a nippy -35° in town...Anybody ever see the day after tomorrow???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dulpit wrote:
    I'm gonna have to say that both red fm & 96 fm are utter crap... 96FM has the worst dj's in the history of the planet, and the people who ring in to prenderville or that choose a song thing around 6ish are cringe-worthy... Red FM on the other hand just plays the same 8 or 9 songs on a hourly loop... Had to listen to it all last summer cos of work, counted the same song (i think it was nelly furtado or shakira or something like that) played 4 times in 5 hours... Crap, crap, crap..

What we need is a decent rock or alternate station in cork, something like what freak fm was.... Sick & tired of all the same bloody pop crap...

I totally agree with U dulpit. Radio stations in Cork are utter drivel. Even the talk shows are awful. Yer men Prenderville plays more songs and takes ads than he does talk..maybe it's because nobody is interested in what the muppet has to say.

And that cash call thing..in fairness all they are doing there is proving that nobody listens to the station! People never know the hour's number because they are too busy listening to Today FM, NewsTalk etc..

finally, one more thing, why the pathetic fakey wakey American accent used on voice overs and promo snippets on the stations? If Cork radio stations are proud to be from Cork then why not use voice overs with proper cork accents? As for that Steve lad on the radio in the evenings..don't get me started!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

agree with above. After listening to the major national stations (Today FM & 2FM), switching back to Cork stations is like listening to a couple of amateurs broadcasting from their garden shed.

96FM is definately the worst offender. It's gotten to the stage that I'd rather listen to the sound of my own ears melting than put up with 96fm's strained idea of radio for anything longer than 10 seconds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Aaah, 96FM. A quality radio station, don'cheknow...

(And yes, the lack of quality of Cork radio stations, unfortunately including Freak FM - at least as it was for the last 2 or 3 years, has pretty much driven me away from radio completely. Oh how I wish we had something like Phantom FM down here....)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Prendeville's an egomaniacal tosser. End of.

Yore an egomaniacal tosser! :p

Yore? In days of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Yore an egomaniacal tosser! :p

LOL - bet she gets a ban for personal abuse and/or being ginger :p

Shut up you, lest I smite you with my Daywalker powers!

Ginger powers more like. The ability to burn in overcast conditions.

You'd be surprised of the wonders that spf 60 can do :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Kiss back in the days of when I liked dance a lot was my favourite before they got shut down all the time. When they were on 106.5 was the best. I hate listening to national stations tbh, except for something like politics but I prefer TV and newspapers to worry about stuff like that. Redfm at night is awful to listen to, I think KC and Lennie are pretty good on Red Fm in the mornings

Advertisement