Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Apple Store / TNT Addressing

Options
  • 05-04-2007 12:04pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I am waiting on a delivery from the Apple Store of a new Macbook Pro. Apple put the word 'RUSH' in the address, presumably meaning 'hurry', since I certainly never typed that in. As I would have expected, TNT interpreted this as a place name and put my MacBook on a delivery to Rush in Co. Dublin and not to UCD as I had planned.

I rang TNT this morning to see when it could be delivered at the number that they advertised on their website. I was shuttled to about three different people, one of whom was an exceptionally rude woman.

It still hasn't shown up.

I would just put this out to check the addresses if you're buying from the Apple Store in future!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Abit strange to right Rush on it to mean hurry, mistype maybe>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Current Irish addresses cause utter chaos for the likes of TNT and others. The problem is that they're too wordy, too long and often end up not fully printing on labels as they can contain up to 5 lines.

The lack of a postal code doesn't help either. (Although they're coming in next year)

I'd say what's likely to have happened is that a chunk of the address hasn't appeared on the label.

You need to get Apple to contact TNT and update the address.
    As you're just "some random guy ringing up" you won't really have any ability to modify where the item goes to. This is normal security proceedure in any delivery company.

It's annoying, but fingers crossed the post code introduction next year should minimise delivery issues.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I was just talking to a very nice girl on the Apple Store line who is due to get back to me.

I really want to see postcodes in, but an post (of all people) seems to have a problem with them.

Just to add - i typed the address myself so there's no chance i would have put the name 'rush' in there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There was a long debate on postcodes on infrastructure.

You would want to be extremely optimistic to think there going to be any postcodes next year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well Apple and TNT sorted it out so that I could pick it up in the TNT building at the airport.

In fact it was a rare thing that I got great service in sorting this out, both from the girl in Apple and the guy I talked to in TNT. Very unusual, but very welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I had a call from UPS last week about a parcel being delivered to my work address. Yer man asked me where was it to be delivered to because it only had the street name. When I got it there beside the street name was my company name.

I find these problems often crop up with foreign companies - a number of places drop the company name when doing the shipping address - usually you can catch this online but not always. My fonera routers all required a call from TNT because the label didn't show the company name. Just the street name and Cork.

Advertisement