Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 just wants me to download Windows Live Messenger

• 05-04-2007 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭

Just got an MMS offering me to download Windows Live Messenger on my Sony K800i.

And according to the message it's "free".

More info also on the web: http://www.three.ie/on3/msn_messenger.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Grudle wrote:
    Just downloaded it. Gotta get back into the instant messaging I thinks. 200 free messages per day is not bad at all.

Yeah, it works well with the predictive text etc.

Only problem is it will not run in the background and pop up when someone ims you.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Just downloaded it. Gotta get back into the instant messaging I thinks. 200 free messages per day is not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Yeah, it works well with the predictive text etc.

Only problem is it will not run in the background and pop up when someone ims you.

On the SE W850i it gives the option to hide it and lets me do all the other stuff on my phone. Maybe certain functions will not work on some mobiles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

finally the start launching some interesting stuff, shame myself and many others have left them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Just got an MMS offering me to download Windows Live Messenger on my Sony K800i.

And according to the message it's "free".

More info also on the web: http://www.three.ie/on3/msn_messenger.htm

Hey, I followed the link above and downloaded messenger. Only one contact on line but it worked fine.

About 10 minutes later got the text from three advertising msn. Typical of three Maybe the start of the Xseries going live. Its advertised as free But I wonder do you pay for when you connect to internet to send and receive messages.

Seems to good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I just noticed O2 is also offering it on their iMode but they charge after the 31st of May:
    Windows Live™ Messenger is available on all 02 i-mode handsets. From June 1st, this service is subject to a monthly charge of €10 (€2.50 subscription charge and €7.50 for unlimited messaging)

Three says that is you stay inside the fair usage balance (200 messages per day or 6,000 messages per month) it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 clemyeats

It works fine.

I can't wait for newer versions.. this could take advantage of the camera and use it as an MSN webcam. Also, it doesn't seem to be able to run in the background and beep when somebody ims you. Great news though.

Clem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

clemyeats wrote:
    .. this could take advantage of the camera and use it as an MSN webcam..

Oooh, good call. Never even thought of that. The possibilities. Presumably it wouldnt be free though to webcam, think of the bandwith required.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 clemyeats

It depends, it could be a best-effort kind of thing... available to users when the bandwidth allows it. Think of how something like that would help 3's marketing/ad campaigns

Clem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Three says that is you stay inside the fair usage balance (200 messages per day or 6,000 messages per month) it's free.

So if I send 3,000 messages the first day in the month and 3,000 messages the last day of the month, and nothing inbetween, is this within the fair limit? ie, how much can you spread it out over the month?

Doesnt msn live messenger use https and if so, how come that works on messenger but not when browsing sites within the mobile broadband packages on 3pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

whats the big deal,ive being using msn messenger from my phones for the last 2 years?
    symbian and java messengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It won't install for me :(
    "Authorization Failed" on my 6680

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

tried it with a sim-free k800i and got a error to,but works the 3 branded k610i so i guess its only 3 branded phones..typicals...yet another half arsed effort from 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

clemyeats wrote:
    It works fine.

I can't wait for newer versions.. this could take advantage of the camera and use it as an MSN webcam. Also, it doesn't seem to be able to run in the background and beep when somebody ims you. Great news though.

Clem
    ya I was thinking about how cool it would be to act as a webcam, hopefully new versions will have it

Noticed it really eats away at the battery on my v3x

one question
    it says 200 msgs a day, does that mean i can start 200 convos or what or write 200 lines... so confused

edit:just rang 3 they said to ignore the 200msgs per day and the 6000 msgs per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Got the Authorisation Error too with the 6680

Anyone know a workaround?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Got the Authorisation Error too with the 6680

Anyone know a workaround?
    tools->app manager->options->settings

and its in there i think. i have an n70 now but the menu's similar. you want to set it to allow non-certified programs

Tried that trick. Commander

Still no luck. Settings are pretty much where you said, but getting the same result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Tried that trick. Commander

Still no luck. Settings are pretty much where you said, but getting the same result.
    Same here I also have it set to allow unsigned apps but I still get the unauthorized error

Done a little searching and it may be an issue with firmware V 3.04.37 and java applications.

Seems they are having the same issues in England on their MobiTV application on 3.

Hope it is not the same issue, because the posts say there is no workaround yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

yeah i got a prepay k800i off vodafone, am i able to get this ? or is it just the 3 network ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

It works well enough for me, but its not without its bugs. I have an N73, I installed it, and it signed in just fine. I was able to chat just fine, but their is an annoying bug. As you type out your message, when the message wraps to the next line, you cannot select more then one letter/symbol, and pressing the same key more then once, results in the first letter on that key, and the next letter appearing afterwards as opposed to the letter you are trying to select (I dont use predictive text).

E.g. I if I wanted to type the word "boards", what would appear is "aboards" since a is the first letter on the number 2 key, and the bug stops me selecting "b", instead it just selects "a" and immediatly jumps to the next letter with what ever letter you are selecting. It probably works fine with predictive text, but I prefer to text by hand so I can use short-hand when texting to save space and time.

Advertisement