Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League 2007 - Week 10

Options
  • 05-04-2007 1:06pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tonights Premier League Fixtures:

Night Ten, Bournemouth
    Peter Manley v Raymond van Barneveld
    Colin Lloyd v Adrian Lewis
    Roland Scholten v Dennis Priestley
    Phil Taylor v Terry Jenkins

The first match sees Barney take on Manley. I just cant see past Barney in this match. Barney hasnt been playing well lately and actually finds himself in a spot of bother in 4th place. He will know that he really needs to pick up his game. manley put in a decent show last week against Lewis but both of them played seem very ordinary darts with manley winning with a poor 84 average. Barney to win and to score more 180's.

Second match see's in form Lloyd take on bottom of the league Adrian Lewis. Lewis has been very poor for the past 7 weeks now and hasnt picked upa single point in that time. lloyd has won his last two games, last week against Barney, and he is looking really good. Lewis just doesnt have the mental ability for this tournament and I can see another loss here. Loyd to win. Lloyd more likely to score more 180's but its a bit dodgy.

Match three see's Roland Scholten play Dennis Priestley. Priestley had a poor night last week as he was well beaten by Phil Taylor and that will have hurt him alot although Taylor wa son top form. Scholten is desperate for a win to keep his very slim qualification hopes alive. This is a very tough game to call but if I have to pivk a winner then Priestley would be my choice. the Draw is the most likely result here I feel.

Final match of the night see's Taylor play Jenkins in what could be an absolute cracker. Jenkins is a terrific dart player and he is getting better as the tournament goes on. Taylor won the last meeting 8-6 but he was fortunate to do so. Jenkins has upped his game since then and has been playing some terrific stuff. An amazing statistic is that he has had at least one finish of over 100 every week so far. At odds of 13/2 he has got to be worth a few quid. Expect a very close match. Jenkins to score more 180's is another excellent bet.

Enjoy the darts :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Taylor is taking the piss with a 107 average, unbelievable. Really thought Jenkins would run him close. Good game, Scholten v. Priestley too.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Results

Peter Manley 7-7 Raymond van Barneveld
    Colin Lloyd 5-8 Adrian Lewis
    Roland Scholten 7-7 Dennis Priestley
    Phil Taylor 8-1 Terry Jenkins

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Taylor put in one hell of a performance last night. There was nothing Jenkins could do about it although he didnt quite play up to his usual standards. Taylors fitness seems to be paying off for him.

Barney is slipping big time lately. His performances are getting worse although he threw away the win against Manley last night. He is still in a didgy position and needs the win next week.

Scholten against Priestley was a good game. Priestley yet again shows his determination to come back and he produced seem realy great pressure finishes. A draw was a fair result.

Lewis finally shows us what he can do. Why he doesnt concentrate like that every week is beyond me. If he cus out the arrogance he can be a really great player. Its a shame that he has left it too late. Both himself and Lloyd have no chance of going through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Divinkee

Hi guys, I love watching the darts and was just wondering if there is a dart club in Dun Laoghaire or nearby does anyone know?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Divinkee wrote:
    Hi guys, I love watching the darts and was just wondering if there is a dart club in Dun Laoghaire or nearby does anyone know?

Thanks! :)

There are a couple in Dun Laoghaire and a few in surrounding areas.

www.darts.ie is the link to the Dun Laoghaire Borough League and you'll find all the teams there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Skull_Collector

Is Taylor still undeafeated in the premier league? I havent been at home lately so i missed the last few rounds.. just got back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Is Taylor still undeafeated in the premier league? I havent been at home lately so i missed the last few rounds.. just got back :)

Undefeated in the history of the Prem League, 30 something in a row.

Advertisement