Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

R4 DS Cartridge for DS Lite ,€24 Delivered

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Muppet wrote: »
    Aquos76, let us know how the new order works out for you. Did you get a tracking number yet? I ask because some users on their website claim gameyeeah have cancelled orders placed after the 11th and issued refunds. It's just one big mess at the moment.

Order update, I received an email from them this morning saying that my order has been shipped and they also supplied me with a tracking number. At the moment this is the status
    1947167563 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

xxxxxxxxxx - Detailed Report

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details
    December 19, 2007 15:22 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Shipment picked up

December 19, 2007 19:51 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong

December 19, 2007 20:26 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

I am still very hopeful of getting it by Monday at the latest. My last order from them followed a similar pattern. It left on the 8th Dec and I received it here on the 11th, so hopefully this should be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

ordered one yesterday from gameyeeah, got dhl tracking today, now i just hope my better half took the hints and got me one for xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

well, I placed my order with Volumerate (after being redirected by dealextreme to them) on the afternoon of the 3rd Decemberand even now the tracking number they gave me comes up blank on the liveshipment website, which was getting really annoying. my emails to them kept getting replied to, but just with the same copy/paste response they keep giving everyone.

BUT...

my order turned up this morning, which has cheered me up no end.

I'd been bigging up the R4DS to the lads at work, and after asking around had orders for 8 of them inc. myself (a total of 35 euro each inc. 8x 1gb MicroSD's, USB readers and shipping etc.) and yesterday I thought I was going to get lynched by the lads cos they all had them pegged for xmas pressies and they were going to have to replace them with a spot of real shopping, but now it's all good. :D

and before anyone asks, sorry no I didn't think to get any spares. I actually mis-counted and didn't get one for myself, but one of the lads couldn't find a DS in the shops so he doesn't need his now which worked out okay for everyone (except his missus. ;)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Mr E wrote: »
    I just sent my last email to those donkeys in gameyeeeah with all my order details.
    If I don't have a shipment notice when I wake up, I'm cancelling.
    (Wish me luck cancelling an order that doesn't exist in their system)

Gameyeeeah had a server issue or something so I don't think they sent any shipment notices I did not get one anyway but it arrived today ordered around the 11th

if you have your order number go here for your tracking number

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/express.htm

BTW might have 2 R4 cards and 1GB TF cards spare if anyone is still looking for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been checking that list every couple of days, cdebru. My order number is not on it. What was your order number? (or just the first 4 digits will do...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

eirebhoys wrote: »
    Ordered my R4ds on 8th shipped on 13th sitting and waiting.

My order must have been in the same shippment as your kaisersose77 But I got it this morning 19th bit of a wait but its here. 20 euro shipping from Hong Kong to Germany to England back to Germany back to England on to Ireland and to ME. They made sure I got my money's worth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

yep got mine aswell :)

pity mx2 are as slow as hell, took them about 4 days to even send my microsd! and that was a week ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Some positive news in the psots above. My volumerate order shipped on the 12th last notice on tracking has oy leaving the sorting centre in shanghai on teh 15th , I'm hopefull that will arrive before Monday.

I have opened a paypal dispute with gameyeeeah as I have had no communication from them for the last 6 days so i dont know if that one shipped or not. If they all arrive i will have one spare at cost if anyone is let down.

cdbru pm sent re spares (belt and braces):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

brightkane wrote: »
    ordered one yesterday from gameyeeah, got dhl tracking today, now i just hope my better half took the hints and got me one for xmas!

did you have to pay extra shipping for dhl or just the 20 dollars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    did you have to pay extra shipping for dhl or just the 20 dollars?

just whatever it asked at the time, they havent come looking for more money from me as they did other people, its not on the dhl site yet, but i know sometimes it takes 24hrs to be updated, or hopeing it does!

• Advertisement

motherfuuckers. I ordered mine on the 10th and nothin still. im gettin them asking for more shipping money but they can go knob off. ive paid full dhl shipping and im not payin more. I cant even register on their forum to complain.

I cant even register on their forum to complain.

Their forum is a joke as well the password and usename is customer which means anyone can edit anyone elses post.

I've been checking that list every couple of days, cdebru. My order number is not on it. What was your order number? (or just the first 4 digits will do...)

Iam in the same boat as you mate. I cant get anything back off them now. I got the email loads of times asking for the 20 extra dollars but NO WAY!

I got an email from them this morning (24 hours after cancelling my order) to say that "Thank you very much for your information.We confirmed and will make the shipment.Sorry to keep you waiting."

I'm saying nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I ordered mine from model-gadget.com in the UK (supposedly) on Dec 3rd.It didn't get shipped until Dec 12th even though they had them in stock.They also ignored all my emails which really fustrated me.It finally arrived on Tuesday thank god. :) Still a long wait though for somewhere so close.Makes me wonder did they have them in stock at all and merely ordered them in to fill my order.

Anyway just a heads up for anyone contemplating ordering from them today, thinking they'll receive it before crimbo.Avoid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Just for balance I ordered from gameyeeeah on the 11th
    they shipped on the 13th
    And where delivered on the 19th

No drama No emails No requests for more money No delay

I did not get a shipping confirmation email but when i checked the site it had something about a server issue and the list of tracking numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

good news here too - the EMS website shows my order was received in Portlaoise yesterday and the An Post site shows it out for delivery today. It should be there when I get home, yaaaayyyy.

Iam in the same boat as you mate. I cant get anything back off them now. I got the email loads of times asking for the 20 extra dollars but NO WAY!

I instigated a paypal dispute with Gameyeeah yesterday evening and got a full refund this morning, They obviously had done nothing about my order despite me sending them all the information they requested . I would have rathered if they had honoured the terms of the sale but at least I got my money back. I will never buy from them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

kendragon wrote: »
    I'm amazed. I and a few other posters have posted comments on how we ordered the R4 from Supercardsnds and received the order in only a couple of days yet loads of you still insist on using other vendors and complain that they are takin an age to arrive. I mean i'm all for free choice and everything but surely you would go with the people who are having the least hassle as being a good option.

Thanks Ken.

Anyone else thinking of ordering an R4 card take Kendragons advice.

I ordered from Supercardsnds on the 9th Dec, and I got an email from supercardsnds yesterday telling me my order had just been shipped, they even included a pic of the parcel.... but it had arrived two days before :D Hows that for fast delivery.

I got an email from them this morning (24 hours after cancelling my order) to say that "Thank you very much for your information.We confirmed and will make the shipment.Sorry to keep you waiting."

I'm saying nothing.

I sent them my details last night and got that email this morning. hopefully they actually do send it.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Order update, I received an email from them this morning saying that my order has been shipped and they also supplied me with a tracking number.

I am still very hopeful of getting it by Monday at the latest. My last order from them followed a similar pattern. It left on the 8th Dec and I received it here on the 11th, so hopefully this should be the same.

According to DHL website, mine touched down in Dublin airport 10 mins ago. Happy days, I should have mine later on today. Thats 2 excellent experiences I have had with gameyeeeeah. Less than 3 days from Hong Kong. Thats an excellent service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Thanks Ken.

Anyone else thinking of ordering an R4 card take Kendragons advice.

I ordered from Supercardsnds on the 9th Dec, and I got an email from supercardsnds yesterday telling me my order had just been shipped, they even included a pic of the parcel.... but it had arrived two days before :D Hows that for fast delivery.

Yes but their price has skyrocketed lately. Ordered one a month ago with the 2GB card and it was €45 approx with EMS shipping. The same costs €75.84 today.

Just got this from volumerate after I sent 8 emails (7 were not repsonded to) regarding my order placed 28 November. Some people posted here about ordering after this date and have already had theirs shipped, so I was quite annoyed. Their quoted 3 day lead time should not have become a 23 day lead time
    HI,

Thanks for your email.

Your order number is Qxxxxxxxxxx. Due to shortage problem of R4, we
    had not get your package shipped yet. And it will take us further
    weeks to arrange your order. Would you like keep your order or just
    cancel to get refund? If your order is not urgent and want keep it, we
    will fulfill it soon after the item get back to stock. And if your
    order is urgent and you want to cancel we will arrange the
    cancellation in three business days after your confirmation.

Apologize for this delay and inconvenience.

Regards,

Susan

I have since cancelled and bought a cyclods from modchipstore instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Lpfsox wrote: »
    good news here too - the EMS website shows my order was received in Portlaoise yesterday and the An Post site shows it out for delivery today. It should be there when I get home, yaaaayyyy.

well I spoke too soon, no sign of my parcel yesterday and An Post's site still shows it as "out for delivery"; so I'm assuming that it's in the back of a van somewhere driving around Dublin. Maybe it'll get delivered today.

My 3 just arrived from Gameyeeeah:D

Left HK on Wed evening, here in Waterford this morning. Thats some service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hi all, I got my R4DS sorted and I have to say only with the help from all at Boards esp a lovely kind person, you know who you are.
    My daughter is going to be SO happy.thank you all so very much.Merry Christmas.
    cathy
    ps I really hope you all get yours.I will keep my ears adn eys open for yous all and If I see of any I WILL let yous know.I do no consolerepairs in Dublin where to get them in.HTH,
    Cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

I got 3 from supercards sent last friday delivered wed.

Volumerate seems to be out of stock of alot of things,i placed an order for other bits 4weeks ago,after two emails i got a reply now to say the item wasnt coming into stock to pick something else

hi again, does anyone know where I can get the Videos for the R4?Like spongebob etc.thanks
    cathy

cathy01 wrote: »
    hi again, does anyone know where I can get the Videos for the R4?Like spongebob etc.thanks
    cathy

They'd be copyright materials right? Cant discuss that on here as its illegal. Only topics such as homebrew and other valid legal applications are permitted.

• Advertisement

oh, only things that are ok to download.Like ...well I dont know , just looking for some ideas.No copyrighted stuff or anything illegal.cathy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Ordered mine on 17/12 from gameyeeeah by DHL. Received it today. Great service from gameyeeeah.
    Where as I ordered other one from Volumerate on 29/11 but the status of my order is still 'In Assembly'. Time to ask for a refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Ordered mine with 2gig card on 23/12 from Dealextreme, would not expect it now until early Jan but will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭cunstunt

I ordered the R4DS from volumerate on 28/11 and I was pleasantly suprised to find out today that its was finally posted on 1/1/08. I originally didn't bother with a refund as the card was for my wife's ds lite (ordered one from gameyeeeah on 10/12 which came 5 days later which we both use at the moment).
    No idea when it'll arrive mind you but maybe there are other boards.ie members out there who haven't bothered checking their volumerate order status in a while.
    Have to say the r4ds is the bees knees, best thing since sliced bread etc! and cheers to the OP for the heads up on it in the first place.

slan for now,
    cunstunt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ordered a R4 from volumerate 30.11.07 and as of this morning still "in assembly" so canceled and ordered off gameyeah

Anyone try the DSTT? Its supposed to rival the cyclods as far as functionality but is a lot cheaper than the r4, m3 or any other of its competitors. Just $24.95 on Dealextreme without any card or $46.74 with a 2GB Kingston card.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289
    or
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Anyone try the DSTT? Its supposed to rival the cyclods as far as functionality but is a lot cheaper than the r4, m3 or any other of its competitors. Just $24.95 on Dealextreme without any card or $46.74 with a 2GB Kingston card.

Mine arrived today... haven't tried it yet, though. I went with this option as it comes with a rumble pack for $2 extra: [Link]

Rumble pack is a pale, baby pink colour though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

ordered 2 R4's the same time and they only arrived yesterday. In fairness the customer service at volumerate were very helpful and they were just snowed under. Got the EZ 3-1 slot 2 card as well - RAM, Rumble and GBA emulator. Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289
    or
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10401

I would recommend going for the N-Card... on the same site... I've ordered over 40 at this stage over the past 6 months for friends or whatever and they've all arrived perfectly and without any issues. The reason I say this one is better is because you don't need a separate memory card, which tbh could fall out on the R4's. Also, there is a worldwide issue with the R4 cards at them moment. I have both and tbh, they all work the same.

FREE Shipping from dealextreme - you can't go wrong.
    cathy01 wrote: »
    cathy

As someone else said.... Playing videos on your NDS is not illegal unless the actual video is copyright. Anyway... I can't give you much advice except that the file format you need to look for is DPG... That's the one that plays on NDS. Google should be able to help you with information of how to get/make/use these. I recommend not doing it though as they are a complete pain to use on NDS... The PSP however, is great for watching vids on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

[HTML]I would recommend going for the N-Card[/HTML]How do you get files from your PC onto the N-Card?
    thegills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Seems to work just like the R4 - not problems thus far.

Though out of three I ordered, one of the rumble packs doesn't work. The other rumble packs were definitely worth the extra $2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Okay so Voumerate let me down in that I ordered on the 1st Dec and it didn't ship until the 17th. What is really annoying me is the EMS service I paid $20 for. The cards will be delivered today, I count that as a 3 week delivery. No idea how to get compensattion as ems china only has a local number. I probabbly won't do anything about it but geez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I ordered mine from eu.mod-chip.com on Thursday, arrived yesterday. Top.

Now I just have to figure out how to use it. Do I need the Micro SD adapter at all? It looks to me like I plug the sd card into the usb adapter and connect that to my machine? If I have a cardreader, I'm guessing I use the SD adapter? Which is faster, or is it 6 of one, etc?

You can use the provided adapter or a card reader, its up to you. Usually the same speed (USB2).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭antomack

I ordered 2 R4's from supercardnds on 18/12 and received them today using the free shipping which I'd be happy with as I wasn't in any hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Akula

Am I right in saying that you dont need to make any modifications to your ds? Tempted to pick up an R4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Akula wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that you dont need to make any modifications to your ds? Tempted to pick up an R4.

You don't need to modify your DS in any way... You may need to upgrade the software on the card though, but they all generally have a website with instructions of how to do this though. Most cards arrive pre-loaded with the software. If you are unsure, just ask back here.
    thegills wrote: »
    [HTML]I would recommend going for the N-Card[/HTML]How do you get files from your PC onto the N-Card?
    thegills

The N-Card comes with another little cartridge thing which plugs into the GBA (front) slot on your NDS... this thing has a mini-usb connection. You connect this to a usb slot on your PC (cable is included with the n-card). The N-Card shows up on your PC like a mini hard drive and you just drag the .NDS files you want onto there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

What size memory has the N-card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Bought a 1GB one yesterday. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2069

They also had a 2Gb one on the site but I can't find the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've used a good few N cards and their clones. ,Firecard,DS Linker etc.
    Nice card ,does everything I need.
    Only problem is that sometimes they seem to get corrupted when upgrading the firmware and they are pretty much useless then.
    Good FAQ for the N Card here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61977

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ordered a R4 from volumerate 30.11.07 and as of this morning still "in assembly" so canceled and ordered off gameyeah

so, ordered 2 R4's Thursday night, Jan 3rd...delivered this morning Tuesday 8th, can't fault Gameyeeah for that service....

January 05, 2008 20:48 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Shipment picked up

January 06, 2008 02:40 Hong Kong - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong

January 06, 2008 04:26 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

January 06, 2008 07:20 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

January 06, 2008 16:10 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

January 07, 2008 11:24 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

January 07, 2008 16:25 East Midlands - UK Arrived at DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

January 08, 2008 02:29 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

January 08, 2008 04:20 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Arrived at DHL facility in Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of

January 08, 2008 06:27 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Departed from DHL facility in Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of

January 08, 2008 10:40 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of With delivery courier

January 08, 2008 11:10 Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of Shipment delivered

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement